PART 6

The next day, At G.U.N...
Sonic's POV

I walk into the base with the paperwork on my hand that Rouge give it to me. I sit on my desk and do the paperwork thing.

Not for a minute...

I already give up and sleep on the desk. Everytime I finished, another paperwork will come to my desk. I heard someone knocking my desk.

"Hmm? Shadow..." I said as I lift up my head. He came with a soda. "Here, you did a lot of work today." he said as he give me the soda.

"Thanks." I drink the soda. He sit on his desk and look at his phone. "What about you, Shadow? Do you have any paperwork to do?" I asked. He nods. "Where?" I said.

Then, someone came into our room and bought a mountain of paperwork. "Shadow... Where should I send all this paperwork?" an unknown person said.

"Just put it on the counter over there and came back here. I have something to tell you." Shadow said. The unknown person walk towards the counter and put all the paperwork.

Later, he came back. He look familiar to me. "What is it, Shadow? Another paperwork?" he asked. Shadow look at him. "Open your mask." he said. The unknown person open his mask and reveal his true face.

"Infinite...this is Sonic. He's new here." He said. "Sonic... This is Infinite. He's my co-worker here." I look at him and he has such beautiful eyes and long white hair...a hair...

"Hi, My name is Sonic the hedgehog!!" I said as I hand out my hand to him. He shake my hand. "I'm Infinite the jackal. I've been work here for 2 years." he said. I nods.

Shadow poke Infinite's shoulder. "Infinite...it's time to go back to your place. Sonic has a work to do." Shadow said. The jackal went out and wink his eyes to me. I make a faint blush.

On Evening...
Infinite's POV

I walk into Shadow's office and saw the blue hedgehog sleeping on his desk. I came towards him and poke him. "Ugh... Shadow?" he mumbled.

He look at me and shocked. "aahh!! You're not Sha-" I quickly cover his mouth. "Sshh... The soldiers will caught us!!" I said. He calm down and I look around.

"Where's everyone? Where's Shadow?" He asked. "Well, everyone has go back home. You did your work very well. Shadow let me stay here to look after you." I said.

He get up and clean all the mess on the table. "Thank goodness I already finished my paperwork. I will send it tomorrow morning." He said to himself.

I saw a vending machine and I buy a drink for me and him. Later, I give a soda to him. "Thanks, Infinite." he said. I nods. "You look tired and exhausted. How about I send you back home?" I asked.

Sonic look at me with his shocking eyes. I wonder what he's thinking about.

How about I send you back home?

"Shadow... Why he didn't just waiting for me?" Sonic said as he look a bit sad. I hug him and comfort him. "It's okay. You know that Shadow is busy, right?" I said.

He nods and look at me. "Do you know where I live?" He asked. I took out a small paper and show him his address. "Is this your home address?"

He nod happily. "Shadow give it to you, right?" he said. I nods and we start walking outside the base. He look tired so I pick him up and he hug me. "Your fluffy fur is so warm, Infinite." he said.

"Yes... It is. It's gonna take a long walk. Just close your eyes."