Fake (III)

"The press is absolutely loving it! I mean it's being talked about on national television" They were having their daily check-up meeting. Cat gives them some tips, next step of the plan, and they converse casually afterward.

"Yeah, they even made fan accounts! I checked some out, it's adorable" Kara smiled, her followers on her and Lena's accounts sky rocketed after coming out about their "relationship".

"Profits for both companies have also increased" Lena noted, her company was always one of her top priorities.

"Exactly, and that is.. one of the reasons why I'll be asking for the deadline of the contract to be moved further if you do not mind. If we further the relationship, make it more realistic our success will continue and grow" Cat began to introduce future ideas and courses of action, companies profits and benefits a week from now if they continued the relationship.

"I'm fine with it" Lena agreed, glancing at Kara who nodded in agreement.

"Perfect, here are your notes and pointers" They both took their agendas that Cat writes in every meeting as a general plan to follow. Other than that they do what they wish with their relationship.

...........

"Kara quit looking at me" Lena said with a hint of a smirk, catching Kara's lingering stare from the corner of her eye.

"S-sorry" Kara readjusted her glasses for what seemed the umpteenth time since they've set foot in this damn slow elevator.

"I know I'm quite beautiful but not enough for you to stare at me for the entirety of this ride. So, what's wrong?" She glances over at Kara, and is slightly taken aback by the look on Kara's face.
"Kara.. if you truly don't want to extend the deadline please just tell-"

"No! No, that's not what it is" Kara mumbled, looking down at her feet.

"What is it then?" Lena pressed Kara, her eyes willing hers to look up. Finally they did as the elevator came to a stop.

"Uh.." she looked past Lena at the reporters and paparazzi hanging outside the building.
"Maybe we should go back to my place, is that ok?"

"Yeah, of course" Lena smiled falsely. Kara was scaring her, she's never seen her this serious before.

Kara returned the smile, raising her eyebrows gesturing at the paparazzi. She looped her arm through Lena's, the two graciously walking out as cameras flashed and microphones were shoved.

"Kara, how does it feel to be one of the most powerful CEO's in the world?"
"Lena does Kara humble you in any way?"
"Do you guys have any future plans together?"

"Ms. Luthor!" A young reporter called, a cameraman tailing him as he shoved the microphone up to her face. She looked at the camera by instinct with a small smile before looking over at the boy.

"How do you feel about the rampage of homophobic tweets and comments directed at you and your current relationship with Ms. Danvers?" Lena's mouth hung open. She looked dumbfounded at Kara who only cringed, tightening her grip on Lena's arm she began to steer her away from the crowd. Cameras flashed and flashed and flashed.

.............

"Lena, I'm-I'm so sorry you don't deserve this" Kara looked at Lena apprehensively at the lack of noise coming from her. She coaxed the cup of tea into her hands trading it out for the laptop where she was scrolling through comment to tweet to mindless rants. Those homophobes could go off on any platform.

"Please, Lena, don't look at it" She snapped the laptop shut, moving closer towards Lena.
"Hey, Lena, please" Finally Lena looked over, blinking rapidly and taking a quick sip of tea.