Out for a Run

"Alright, I'm going out for a run" Kara called over her shoulder as she tied the last of her shoelaces.

"Have fun, look both ways, don't get raped!" Alex shouted her usual motivational speech back, Kara only chuckled as she began to jog down the street. Usually, she would turn left.

Usually she would turn left.

She reminded herself this as she followed a bobbing dark ponytail down the street, hoping she didn't notice that she was behind her since she had headphones in.

She could turn left here. But, she didn't. Instead she continued to follow the dark hair and strong calves and a above that showed a nice.. round..

Kara was snapped out of her thoughts as she came hurling down to the ground with a large smack. Dazed, she raised her head to only find blood gushing from her nose as she had smacked it on the pavement.

"Oh, god- are you" She heard a voice call in front of her, but she didn't bother to hold up her head.

"Fine, I'm fine, sorry" Kara mumbled, holding her sleeve up to her nose.

"Wait- I have some tissues" before she could respond she felt tissues being pressed against her nose and wiping away the blood.

"Thank you" Kara blushed as she stood up holding the tissue against her nose, then turned a sudden bright crimson realizing it was the girl she had been following.

"Your gonna need ice before it gets swollen" The girl continued, giving no regards to the blush on the other girls' face.

"Oh.. well I don't have any ice, I'll just go ba-"

"It'll already be swelling by then, I'm sure one of these stores have ice" The persistent raven-headed girl pulled her along into a park and seated her on a bench.
"Wait here, okay?"

Kara could only nod, her blush turning deeper as she heard the girl's accent slip in at the end.

A few minutes passed and she caught sight of the woman walking back with a water bottle in hand and ice pack.

"Ah, see, I found some ice" She sat beside the flustered blonde.

"Thank you, I- I wasn't looking where I was.. stupid.. sorry" Kara mumbled as she applied the ice to her nose, hoping it covered her pink face.

"It's quite alright, gives me an excuse to take a break" Kara smiled, realizing she made a joke in the midst of her internal panicking. Lena softly smiled at her, her panic suddenly subsiding.

"Come home with me" Kara blurted out, her face burning to a deep red at what just came out of her mouth. The girl just laughed it off, giving her a questioning look.
"I-I mean.. I would like you to come for dinner, as.. as a thank you" Kara carefully reworded her sentence, studying the girl's features. Seeing that she wasn't exactly convinced she added another point in.

"I won't kidnap you or anything I swear, I just feel guilty" Lena chuckled at the girl's absurd choices of words, though she believed her nevertheless.

"You have me convinced. Can I at least know your name before you try to kidnap me?" Lena's smile grew wider as Kara smiled shyly, looking down at her hands.

"Kara.. Kara Danvers" She stuck out her hand with a sudden air of confidence, catching the unnamed girl by surprise.
"... and yours?" Kara looked over at her expectantly.

"Lena" Lena replied, shaking her hand.

"You don't have a last name?" Kara playfully remarked. Lena recoiled her hand, turning sullen.

"Well of course- yes but.." Lena glanced as a mother with her child, moved the child on the opposite side of Lena, whispering something into the child's ear while giving Lena a warning look.

"Stay away from the Luthors, Ben" Kara picked up with her super hearing.

"You're Lena Luthor" Kara said with a hint of a gasp, Lena looked down, hoping that when she looked up it wouldn't be a face of disgust.

"Yes, um, I'll just assume your revoking your invite for dinner." Lena picked up her water bottle.
"It was lovely meeting you Kara Danvers" Lena muttered, walking hurriedly past her.

"Wait, wait!" Kara jogged up beside her, making Lena stop and face her with an exasperated and slightly fearing look.
"I.. I don't care!" Kara spluttered.

"Excuse me?"

"I mean.. I mean I don't care about your last name. I still want you to come for dinner.. please?" She hopefully stared into Lena's eyes. Lena struck speechless at the overbearing feeling of Kara's electric blue eyes entrapping her.

"Yes.. yeah, I'll come" Kara let out a breath of relief that she hadn't known she had been holding,
"Thank you"

It was stupid. It was just a touch on her arm that made Kara a smiling idiot with tinted cheeks.

"Yeah.. yeah no problem, it's-yeah" She vigorously nodded, choosing to shut up.

"Can I have your number?"

"What?" Kara's eyes widened, her pulse speeding at an abnormal way. Oh Rao, that smirk and that arch of the eyebrow. Kara was in deep.

"So you can text me the address and time? If that's okay with you?" Her lips curved into a reoccurring smirk with glinting green eyes.

"Oh yeah, of course, duh" she laughed at herself, glancing once or twice to catch a look of Lena as she put her number in her phone.

"Here's your jawline.. phone.. your phone" her words fizzled out, as a pink color crept up to her cheeks.

"Something wrong with my jawline?" She teased, enjoying the reaction she was getting out of the poor girl.

"No, no! Your jawline is.." Kara's thoughts wandered to... other places, biting her lip without even realizing. "....it's wow"

"Is that a compliment?"

"I'll see you at 7:00" Kara quickly turned before she made a bigger fool of herself, and stalked off, leaving Lena smiling as she walked home.

Something that hasn't happened in.. 24 years. But, that smile will never falter with Kara Danvers by her side.

******

Sorry this is super short, I have a long one coming up after this that I'm going to start working on as soon as possible. I have a lot of ideas stored in for you guys, so don't worry there's no fear of writer's block.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, again I apologize for the short length of it.