#16 - Flipping & Slipping

Some romantic gateway trip this was. Bryson was gone, and I wasn't sure when I was going to hear from him again. I understood why he could be angry about the phone, I would be the same way. But to give me an ultimatum? Fuck outta here with that.

I glanced around the huge suite, bored out of my mind. Bryson came back the night of our fallout and told me simply that he was leaving to handle business and to enjoy the rest of my stay. I didn't utter a word, and I watched him pack his things quickly. He wasn't the only one upset. He too did some fucked up shit.

But I knew his ass was incapable of seeing it that way. I understood his point of view, but the fact that he murdered someone in cold blood still shook my interior. He was so damn stubborn, so I decided to save my breath and let him do his thing. I didn't know what this meant for our relationship. I didn't wanna think that far ahead. I mean, if we couldn't come to an agreement about something like this, was it even worth going forward?

I sipped on the tasty champagne but I was far from feeling bubbly. Thankfully, my crazy ass best friends were on their way to save this trip. Those two could always change any given situation around, and I indeed needed a good laugh. This resort was way too beautiful to be somber. It was time to cheers to the good life.

I rolled my eyes as I scanned through my phone, patiently waiting for my friends to arrive. John was updating me about a deal I sealed for him, but the good news didn't do anything for my spirit. I was in business with a very despicable man. And although he kept his end of the bargain alive, doing wonders for my company, I knew it was soon time to cut ties with him. He was negative energy, and my life and company did not need that.

My accounting business meant so much to me. It was my baby, and something that I could call my own. I worked exhaustingly to get it where it needed to be, and John Watson was not about to snatch its reputation with his disgusting antics. That man probably don't even know what it feels like to work for anything from the ground up.

"Sis, why you ain't tell me this resort's staff was so fine? You should have been invited our asses. The receptionist guy gave me that key with such seduction, I was ready to risk it all." Chloe remarked, pulling open the door to state her and Divine's presence. "Ooouu, don't you look nice. That the new Chanel swimsuit? Girl, that got your ass looking correct."

Smiling at the compliment, I quickly ran over to greet my friends. It's been a minute since we seen or heard from each other, and we had a lot of catching up to do. I wasn't sure if to bring up the Bryson situation to them just as yet, and judging from their drunk like mannerisms, I don't think they'd care either way.

"Girl did you know they were giving away cocktails on entry?" Divine slurred. "You should have seen Chloe's ass. The girl too loves a free sample of anything alcoholic."

"Oh I wanna dance with somebody!" Chloe sang. "I wanna feel the heat with somebody! Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody! With somebody who loves me!"

I giggled as Chloe danced and shook her hips to one of Whitney Houston's classics. Divine and I shook our heads as we helped her onto one of the small sofas and she smiled back at us bizarrely, closing her eyes. Chloe was always the first to get drunk, and she didn't care who talked down on her either.

"Girl, thanks a million for inviting us." Divine said when we got Chloe under control. "I really needed this. And so did Miss. I must taste everything they're willing to serve me."

"No problem, sis." I laughed. "Bryson had some business to take care of and I couldn't think of any two people better to spend this weekend with."

Divine pulled me in for a quick embrace and we watched the view from the balcony. It was even prettier at night, and I had this wild fantasy to have incredible sex with Bryson in this enchanting area. Something about the possibility of people seeing us and watching excited me. But now here he go fucking all that up for me and him.