Cold and Heartless Nights

Erik's POV

I get home with the gift and sees its dark so I start to go to my room and opens it to vicomte and a girl moaning "Harder! God! Ugh! Yes! Yes?!" My eyes widen and they stop the girl screams and Vicomte growls at me I hurry off to the other side of the house mentally groaning as I go into the room on the far colder end of the house since Vicomte's occupying the room I sleep in. Damn bastard.

I sigh and goes into the cold room and sits on the bed tossing and turning hearing the girl scream. Finally it stops I hear vicomte's girl say "wow, that was amazing baby." I hear the ice cold chuckle of the vicomte.

I hear footsteps around the house and hears a small voice saying goodbye then I hear them come closer and sees vicomte swing the door open and has a knife in hand I watch as he comes closer I try to back away but he grabs me and growls "next time think before you go into a room!"

Then slices my arm my shirt sleeve is now sliced I howl in pain holding my arm the vicomte laughs "you're a heartless son of a bitch?! Your heart is nothing but a cold iced up shriveled organ that barley beats it's so cold?!" I hiss he laughs "you're right! I am cold but I'm not heartless I could've killed you but no I haven't have I?"

He growls "no because either Christine is really begging you to keep me alive or you just want to torture me but it's not because you care" I sneer at him he laughs "you're a funny lunatic you know." I sigh and watches him laugh on his way out. I want to throw something but refrains knowing I'm only going to get restricted more than I already am. So I watch him leave and sits on the bed then gets up and goes to the bathroom and takes my shirt off and washes my arm.

Christine's POV

I sigh as I crawl in bed and hears Raoul again he stumbles in and comes over to me and sloppily kisses on my neck "Raoul stop. I'm trying to go to bed." He continues "Raoul?! I said stop?!" He sighs but stops "you'll make love to a freak but you won't make love with me. Wow what a bitch!" I shot up in bed and punches him hard "GET OUT YOU DRUNK ASS PIG?!?!?!" I scream and he looks at me and punches me right in the face I look at him and he growls "get out of my room?! Sleep with the maids!" I get up and runs out muttering "I hate you Raoul?! I hate you. I hate you. I hate you?!" I cry in the maids quarters Jasmine looks at me "oh sweetie I'm sorry." She whispers I sob whispering "why is he like this? So heartless! So cold! So hateful!" I cry as I hug my knees. Jasmine comes over and holds me close and whispers "it's the alcohol. When you were with your husband he drank and drank and drank until he passed out until he heard you went to America then he followed to 'save you' in his mind he thought you were being tortured." I sigh "there's a reason I ran.. I don't understand why he couldn't have just moved on! I realized we grew apart..." I then get an idea "Jasmine... will you help me find Erik?" She looks at me and says "I-I don't know..." I then hold her hands "please! If I stay I'm going to die of a broken heart and of vicomte beating me!!" She looks at me and says "ok... I'll try but if I get caught I'm sorry for what vicomte will do to us." I nod and hugs her "you're my only real true friend Jasmine." She smiles and says "there's a song may I sing it for you?" I nod and she gets up and goes to a beautiful harp and starts playing then starts to sing.

"When life has cut too deep and left you hurting

The future you had hoped for is now burning

And the dreams you held so tight lost their meaning

And you don't know if you'll ever find the healing

You're gonna make it

And the night can only last for so long

Whatever you're facing

If your heart is breaking

There's a promise for the ones who just hold on

Lift up your eyes and see

The sun is rising

The sun is rising

Every high and every low you're gonna go through

You don't have to be afraid I am with you

In the moments you're so weak you feel like stopping

Let the hope you have light the road you're walking

You're gonna make it

The night can only last for so long

Whatever you're facing

If your heart is breaking

There's a promise for the ones who just hold on

Lift up your eyes and see

The sun is rising

Even when you can't imagine how

How you're ever gonna find your way out

Even when you're drowning in your doubt

Just look beyond the clouds

Whatever you're facing

If your heart is breaking

There's a promise for the ones who just hold on

Lift up your eyes and see

The sun is rising

The sun is rising

Even when you can't imagine how

How you're ever gonna find your way out

Even when you're drowning in your doubt

Just look beyond the clouds"

I smile tears rolling down my cheeks "you have a beautiful voice Jasmine. Why haven't you sang before?" Jasmine smiles sadly "I stopped singing when my voice faltered at a recital." I look at her and says "never give up Jasmine. You're amazing." She smiles and nods "well goodnight." I whisper as I go to one of the rooms and she whispers "goodnight." I drift off in the cold chilly night.