Epilogue

30 years later
It has been 30 wonderful years since the birth of Gustave Destler. Erik and Christine had very much enjoyed raising him and watching him blossom. Gustave had 3 beautiful children his only daughter having the deformity of his father. Though Erik was sad Gustave was a very proud father of her. Erik and Christine now sat in the house they had moved in so long ago. Looking out at the beautiful lake behind the house remembering so many memories. Erik looked over at Christine and smiled kissing her cheek as they watched their grandchildren play at the lake. "We have done good mon ange." He whispered in her ear. She smiled widely. "I know." She stayed looking out contently. Many days after Erik and Christine died in the same bed together holding each other close reminding their son that their love was eternal. Gustave had found a notecard on his mother's vanity from his father.

Gustave, my beautiful son, my only child.
Your mother and I have been ill for quite some time now. We wanted to say how proud of you we are. You have grown from the most precious baby to a wonderful curious young boy to a handsome intelligent man. You got our musical talents your mother's stubbornness and my temper. You also got a kind heart from your mother and a sharp mind from the both of  us. We love you very much Gustave. Don't you ever let anyone tell you otherwise. One request we have is we want to be buried together in the same casket. Holding each other. That is our dying wish. We have left plenty of money from the amusement park to the little money I had grown from Paris opera house to you. You will have a finer life than we had but no matter how rich or how successful you are. Remember that love never dies. We will be watching you from above. We are very proud at what you have become my son. We leave everything we own to you.
- Love Papa.'
Gustave sniffled setting down the letter. At their funeral he gave a long speech. Crying in between. He never forgot where he came from and who raised him. Many were thankful for Gustave Destler. His children knew very well of their grandparents and were proud of where he came from.

The End