A Father's Love

Third POV
Erik and Christine woke up the next day and heard Gustave early at 5:15 am. Christine got up to check on the child. She walked sleepily to the baby's room. Seeing Gustave crying. She picked him up feeling his diaper. She laid him down on the little changing area. Erik walked up behind her and mumbled "here darling I'll take his diaper." She yawned smiling softly as she took the soiled diaper wrapping it so Erik didn't get anything on his hands. She then got out a fresh cloth diaper. "Thank you mon ange." Christine whispered when she finished cleaning up their son. Erik whispered something along the lines of "no need to thank. It takes two to raise a child." She smiled after him. She looked at the baby boy smiling. She knew Gustave was most likely hungry so she sat in a rocking chair pulling down her nighty and robe. She raised Gustave to her nipple and he began to suckle on it. When he was all finished she burped him and put him back in his crib walking back to her bedroom. Seeing Erik climbing in bed. She got in and curled up to him "you didn't have to do that Erik." She whispered he shushed her and fell asleep with her in his arms.

Hours later he woke up seeing no snuggled Christine by his side knowing she was awake and getting things prepared for breakfast and for Gustave. Erik walked down to the kitchen seeing Gustave in her arms. He swept over taking the little baby from her and taking him in his own arms.

"Good morning my little one." He said in an adorable baby voice. Gustave giggled at his father moving his arms in excitement. Erik took Gustave's arm blowing air on it making Gustave giggle louder then went to his stomach doing the same making the baby cry out in fits of giggles tickling him. Christine looked back marveling over her husband and child. "Love, why don't you go in the parlor. A kitchen is hardly a place to play with our child." Erik scooped up the precious baby boy along with the pacifier and a little toy. Going to the parlor. Erik sat Gustave on his lap and taking the toy and playing with Gustave. They played a couple rounds of peek-a-boo which threw Gustave into fits of giggles. Then he tickled the child until he literally peed. Causing Erik to go change him since he made him pee.

"Sweetheart breakfast is ready." Christine called. Erik came down with Gustave bouncing him. Making him smile. Christine giggled "okay you two. Let's let papa eat." Christine said to Gustave. She slowly took Gustave from Erik. Gustave began whimpering and crying as Christine took him. "It's okay I'm right here." Erik calmed Gustave but Gustave would have none of it till he was sitting in Erik's lap. Watching his mother in awe then his father. He giggled clapping his hands together. Erik smiled as Christine strokes his bald head.

During the day Erik gave Christine a break taking Gustave to the music room bringing a little bed with him setting him in it. Then began to play the piano. Singing Music of the Night. Christine walked in and leaned on the doorway seeing their son very fascinated with his farther. She walked over "you are truly an amazing father Erik." she whispered smiling as she kissed his cheek.