ONE

Olivia Hart carefully applied mascara across her lashes before giving her appearance one final once over.

"Livie you look gorgeous. Plus, what does it matter? You're going to have a mask on." Olivia's best friend Jade Jones (also known as J.J) shrugged.

"True." Livie smacked her lips together and carefully slid the masquerade mask over her head careful not to mess up her dark curls that fell to her shoulders. "However, all that people will focus on are the eyes. So, I need them to pop."

"Ok, how do I look?" Jade spun around. She had on a white and gold floor length gown covered with delicate floral lace. Her white mask also stunned with deep gold flecks which made her green eyes stand out even more so than they usually did. Her blonde hair fell to her waist in messy, beachy waves.

"Perfect." Livie stood up and turned to face Jade, "What about me?"

While Jade was a vision in white, Olivia had opted for a darker look. Her black cocktail dress reached midthigh in the front while the back had a bustle and a long black and gold train. Her mask was simple, a black cat eye with sequins adorning it. Her deep brown eyes accented with teal eyeshadow and liner.

"Beautiful dah-ling." Jade grinned.

"Seb will surely kill us for crashing." Olivia adjusted her bustle.

"He'll be thrilled we showed up."

Olivia shrugged. Sebastian Stan was her older brother Dexter's, also known as just Dex, best friend since their college days. Olivia and Dex were born and raised in London, Sebastian studied abroad for a year where he met Dex. Dex moved to New York not long after graduating college. Olivia couldn't wait till she could do the same. When she turned 18 she followed Dex to New York where she slept on the futon couch of Dex and Sebastian's until Seb finally moved out. Dex moved his girlfriend at the time in causing Olivia to look for her own place. Her co-worker at the bar she worked at, Jade,  offered her a place to stay and they soon became not only roommates but best friends. That was 10 years ago. Olivia was now 29 years old, with her very own studio apartment in New York. She had fallen in love with fashion at a young age and had worked her way up as a stylist with Barney's in New York.

"Ok I'm ready if you are my love." Olivia grabbed her clutch from her bed and double checked that everything she needed was securely in it.

"Let's go." Jade linked her arms though Livie's and pulled her out the door. They had taken an uber to the Magic Hour Bar and lounge where Sebastian's huge birthday blow out was being held. He was having a masquerade party and while technically Olivia and Jade had been invited to begin with, they had originally declined. Olivia had thought she was going to be out of town for work and Jade had made beach plans that had fell through last minute. Seb had made it very clear that RSVP's were a must. But since he was like an older brother to her, Olivia was sure she could get away with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris Evans was psyched that he was able to attend Seb's huge birthday blow-out bash. Living in Boston he wasn't that far from New York anyway and had decided to just make it a long weekend. Seb said he could crash at his place for the weekend. Chris had chosen a whole black attire. His mask was that of a devil with horns, also entirely black. He adjusted his tie as he climbed onto the elevator at Magic Hour that would take him to the rooftop party.

"Oh crap, Liv you go ahead." Jade stopped at the door to Magic Hour. "I left my damn phone in the uber. I'm going to grab him."

"I'll wait." Olivia shook her head.