SEVEN

After riding more than half the rides at Luna Park on Coney Island Chris and Livie slowed down walking the board walk.

They stopped in Coney's Cones for ice cream before continuing down the boardwalk.

"I've never spent the entire day here." Livie admitted as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Well then I feel special." Chris laughed.

"No, I'm serious, this was a lot of fun." Livie licked her cone.

"I agree. I hate that I have to fly out to LA tomorrow."

"Oh." Livie frowned. "Yeah that's.....not cool. When do you think you'll be back to New York?"

"I'm not sure to be honest. Have you ever been to LA?"

"I have. A few times. I prefer the east coast though."

"Ha. Me and you both."

They kept walking, talking about anything and everything. Livie had never felt so comfortable with a guy before. It was a little scary, ok a lot scary. She had basically thrown away her whole rule of not getting attached to a man emotionally in just a few short days.

"Oh that's JJ calling me. I should grab it. That ok?" Livie pulled her phone out.

"Of course." Chris nodded.

"Hey." Livie answered.

"Hey! I thought we were going out on the boat?"
"Oh, I haven't even talked to Dex to be honest."

"Where are you?"

"Brooklyn."

"Brooklyn? What are you doing there?"

"I'm with Chris." She smiled at him as she said his name.

"Oh! He called?!"

"Yeah. We've spent the day together."

"I need details. You must call me the second you're home."

"Bye JJ." Grinning she hung up the phone but before she could put it away a text message came through.

Dex
BOAT?

Livie punched in a response.

Livie
Can't. In Brookyln.

Dex was the dockmaster at the marina off the Hudson on the upper west side.

He had his own boat and many summer nights were spent on the boat.

A second later Livie's phone lit up as Dex was calling her.

"Hey." She answered.

"Brooklyn? What are you doing there?"

"I'm with a friend."

"Who? JJ is your only friend and she's coming out on the boat with us."

"With us who?"

"Chace and Seb. We figured you'd be coming too."

"Can't. Maybe tomorrow?"

"Yeah, yeah. Don't think your off the hook."

"Never." She hung up and turned back to Chris, "Sorry."

"That's ok. You know, every time I see you, you are more and more beautiful. Even after spending a day riding roller coasters."

Livie's face flushed red. The wind whipped her hair into her face gently and Chris reached up to push it back behind her ear.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked, his voice a hushed whisper.

Livie nodded slowly and he stepped forward his lips meeting hers.

Although the kiss was short and sweet it definitely did not lack passion. Livie had to swallow to calm herself down.

"C'mom." Chris reached down and grabbed her hand. "Let's go back into the city and get some dinner."

"That sounds perfect."

"Perfect." Chris squeezed her hand.

They decided to just grab some food at The Mercer. After a long day at Coney Island they were both exhausted.

"What time does your flight leave tomorrow?" Livie wanted to know.

"9 am." Chris wrinkled his nose.

"Oh that sucks. I guess I won't see you before you leave then."

"Probably not." He took a sip of beer.

After they finished eating Chris hesitated but decided to ask anyway, "You want to come up to my room?"

Livie arched an eyebrow.

"To talk." He laughed, "Or just hang out."

"Yeah." She agreed. She let her hand slide into his as they made their way to the elevators.

"I've never been in one of their hotel rooms. Pretty fancy." Livie looked around.

"It's not bad." Chris threw his room key down on the foyer table.

"So whatcha wanna talk about?" Livie spun around to face Chris.

"Hhhhhhmmmmm." He took both of her hands in his and pulled her closer to him. "Maybe not so much talking." He murmured as he lowered his mouth to hers.

"I had a lot of fun today." Chris stated once they pulled back from one another.

"Me too. I've never been on a real date." Livie confessed.

"What? That's not true, how can it be?"

"I don't date." She said softly.

"I thought you just weren't in a place to date right now."

"Well it's been that way since I was 16." Livie sat down in cushioned armchair.

"16?" Chris's jaw dropped open. "Why? That seems so young to completely write off dating."

"My parents had a horrible relationship. And I just viewed every potential boyfriend as ending in failure. I don't have a high level of trust. I keep myself very guarded."

"And yet....." Chris stepped towards her.

"And yet you've seen to get me out twice in one week."

"Something I don't take lightly. You're special Livie, that's not lost on me."

"I'm trusting you. It's a big deal."

"I understand." He knelt in front of her. "We can take this as slow as you'd like."

"I guess day by day. Especially since you won't be here for awhile."

"That's fair."

"Ok."

"Ok."He echoed with a smile.