TWENTY FIVE

Livie crossed the room and collapsed into tears as she sat on Chace's bed.

"Liv, what's going on?" Chace knelt in front of her resting his hands on her knees. "Talk to me."

"He kissed another girl." Livie forced the words out, her body shaking with tears.

"Who did? Chris?" Chace leaned back with a frown. "What happened?"

"He was with a friend, the same friend who he was with when he didn't come to your party. And he said she was sad about her dad and he was upset because of fighting with me and they kissed when he took her home." Her stomach turned at the thought of his lips on anyone else's but hers.

"How do you know? Did that girl call you?" Chace moved to sit next to Livie wrapping an arm securely around her.

Livie shook her head no with a sniffle, "He just told me."

"Did he break up with you?" Chace was still utterly confused.

"No, I don't think so. He said he was sorry, and he messed up. He said he loved me. I knew he sounded different. I didn't know he had kissed someone else." She spat.

Chace didn't know what to say so he just sat with her while she cried.

"I'm going to grab you a tissue." He squeezed her shoulder before moving to stand up.

"No don't." She replied softly. She pulled him back down next to her, his face inches from hers. Without hesitation she lifted her mouth to his. He responded but only for a moment. He gently pulled away.

"Liv, you don't want to do this." He said carefully. "You're hurting and you're acting out of hurt. Just like he did. You will regret this and feel like crap later. I can't do that to you."

Livie's shoulders slumped.

"Hey." Chace wrapped his arm back around her, "Talk to him. Whatever happens you know I'm here for you."

"Can I stay with you tonight?" She hiccupped.

"Of course." He laid down on the bed and she snuggled up next to him.

"Thank you." She closed her eyes, her breathing steadied.

"Anytime." He kissed the top of her head before reaching his arm out to turn the night stand lamp off.

When Livie finally went back to her own room the next morning she had a dozen missed calls from Chris and just as many text messages. She turned her phone off and joined everyone else in the kitchen for breakfast. Chace must have told Seb and JJ what happened because they all looked at her with pity in their eyes as she entered the kitchen.

Livie gave Chace a look who just shrugged.

"I can't believe he kissed that girl!" JJ exclaimed.

Sebastian didn't say anything but just shook his head. Finally looking at Livie he asked, "You ok?"

"I'm fine. I don't want to talk about it. We have one more day here. Let's please do something fun."

Seb, JJ and Chace exchanged looks but all nodded in agreement.

They got back into Manhattan Sunday night. Chace dropped Livie off last insisting to walk her to the door.

"I'm fine. I really am." She proclaimed.

"I know you are. But I can't just drop you off down here." He pressed the elevator button.

"Thank you. But I know you're babysitting me." She playfully nudged him.

"Did you talk to him today?" Chace asked.