SIX

Friday night after Olivia and Jade had grabbed dinner and drinks, they found themselves taking an uber to Seb's place.

"Knock knock." Livie pushed the door open with a grin.

"How do you keep getting let in?" Seb asked with a teasing groan. "I'm going to have a talk to my doorman."

"You leave that sweet man alone." Livie warned.

Like most Friday evenings Dex and Chace were also at Seb's. They were sitting at the kitchen table playing cards, drinking beer and a box of pizza set on the stove.

"You guys are so boring." Jade rolled her eyes as she grabbed a slice of pizza.

"Says the 2 single girls who crashed our evening." Dex pointed out.

"We had lots of invites." Livie smiled, "We chose to liven up your night." She helped herself to a slice of pizza twirling the cheese around her finger before popping it into her mouth.

Chace watched Livie with a grin. He was without a doubt in love with the girl. He had told her he was cool with ending their little fling, but it was crushing him. He had hoped she would eventually give him a chance at a real relationship. He obviously knew she thought he was attractive. They had a lot of fun together and they had been friends for years before anything had happened between them.

Before he could question himself, Chace reached out and hooked his arm around Livie's waist pulling her into his lap.

She looked shocked at first but then laughed with a roll of her eyes. "Hi."

"Hi." Chace cocked his head to the side.

"Hi." Seb leaned over sticking his head in between them with a sarcastic smile, "Do you mind Liv you're interrupting our game here."

"Oh please." Livie rolled her eyes and shifted to get more comfortable in Chace's lap. "$100 Chace wins this round."

"Oh easy money." Seb said with certainty.

"I want in on this." Dex piped up.

"Ok, I don't mind taking your money either."

"Pretty confident in your boy there, aren't you?" Seb asked.

"I am. He's never let me down before." Livie leaned back against Chace as he shuffled his cards.

"Ok I call." Dex set his cards down.

"Seb." Chace dismissed Dex's 2 of a kind.

Seb laid his cards down.

"Ooohhh." Chace pretended to be wounded. "A flush."

Seb shrugged.

"Livie." Chace slipped her the cards.

"Full house boys!" She bounced up and down on Chace's lap as he slung his arm around her neck pulling her back against him tightly.

"So I believe you both owe me $100." She smiled sweetly.

"Ah get out of here. Put it on my tab." Seb grabbed the cards and shuffled them. "Want me to deal you guys in?"

"Um, actually JJ take my spot for a moment would you?" Chace asked before pressing his lips to Livie's ear. "Walk outside with me for a minute?"

"Sure." Jade gave him a strange look.

Livie nodded and stood up. "We're going to step outside."

"No making out!" Dex yelled as they walked out the door to the hall.

Livie blushed and Chace chuckled.

They took the elevator down in silence and it wasn't till they walked outside before Chace spoke.

"Go out with me." He stated bluntly. "Like a real date. I know you said no sex. And I'm ok with that. But Livie." He took a step towards her, "I can't stop thinking about you." He closed the space between them running his hands through her dark hair he pulled her mouth to his. She responded and couldn't deny there was something between them but since Chris had entered her radar he was all she thought about.

"Chace." She pulled back. "I can't do this."

"Just one date. I know you felt that."

"I don't date." She said softly.

"Well I'm not going to give up on you." He leaned back on the railing of the steps, "I want you to be with me."

Livie didn't say anything as she looked away.

The next morning Livie and Jade met for coffee and then navigated their way through the streets of a pop-up festival on the lower east side.

"So Chace asked you to date him? You said you don't date, but yet you're waiting for Chris to call you to confirm your second date with him."

Livie groaned as she picked up a scarf from a vendor and slipped it around her neck to try it out.

"I don't want to hurt Chace. He's one of my best friends."

"But it's more than that, you have to admit that." Jade pointed out.

"I know. We can't go backwards though."

"You regret sleeping with him?"

"No. I'm completely awful. Because I am crazy about Chace. But Chris is different. He's......" Livie trailed off with a smile.

"Has he called you?"

"No, he said he'd be here till Sunday. I thought he'd call me yesterday but." She shrugged.

"It's only noon." Jade took the scarf off Livie and put it back on the rack.

"Maybe he wasn't really into me."

"I highly doubt that. Call him."

"No. I'm not even sure what I'm doing. I don't date. I mean I haven't dated. This is all new with Chris. I'm taking a huge risk."

They continued walking through the festival and Livie became more and more anxious waiting for Chris to call.

"I'm going to go home and take a nap." Livie yawned. "Maybe Dex will want to go out on the boat tonight."

"Ok, just call me. I'm going to keep shopping."

Livie nodded and air kissed Jade goodbye. She decided to walk a few blocks before catching a cab.

Just as she was about to hail a cab her phone started to vibrate in her bag.

She pulled it out and smiled.

"I was starting to think you weren't going to call me." Livie answered.

"Are you kidding? I had to stop myself from calling you 5 minutes after you left the other night." Chris admitted.

Livie laughed.

"What are you doing right now?" He wanted to know.

"I was about to catch a cab home why?"

"What are you wearing?"

"Wow you just skip right too it don't you?"

Chris laughed, "Ok that didn't come out how I meant it. I meant are you wearing something comfy?"

"I am..."

"How does Coney Island sound?"

"Perfect." Livie bit her lip with a smile.

"How far are you from the Mercer?"

"Like 10 minutes, I'm in the East Village."

"Ok I'll meet you out front in 10."

"On my way." Livie raised her hand to hail a cabwith a smile.