TWO

"You're quite the dancer." Chris tried not to gasp for air 3 songs later.

Livie laughed as she walked off the dance floor desperate for water. The muggy August evening wasn't very forgiving.

"You're not so bad yourself." Livie walked up to the bar, "2 Waters." She held her fingers up.

The bartender handed her 2 bottled waters and she handed one over to Chris before opening her own and taking a long satisfying sip.

"Hey there you are!" Jade called. "I've been looking everywhere for you. Has Seb seen you yet?"

"Uh Chris this is my best friend-"

Jade looked at Chris and then at Olivia, "I'm J.J-"

"Jade." Livie cut in. "Jade."

Jade frowned.

"This is Chris." Livie repeated.

"Nice to meet you." Jade smiled.

"Speaking of Seb." Chris nodded behind the girls.

Livie turned, "I'll catch up with him later." She yanked Jade's arm and they disappeared into the crowd before Chris could reply.

"What was that?!" Jade rubbed her arm.

"I don't know. I just don't want Chris to know who I am."

"Why?"

"I don't know." Livie repeatedly more firmly.

"Oh!" Jade gasped, "You like him!"

"I don't like him. I don't know him. I literally just met him."

"Love at first sight." Jade sung.

"You know that I don't believe in love." Livie pushed the door to the restroom open and finally removed her mask.

"Yeah yeah." Jade rolled her eyes. "But Liv you know that he's going to find out who you are. This isn't Cinderella. All he has to do is ask Seb who you are."

Livie shrugged. "I should just keep my distance then. Nothing good could come from us talking."

"What like possibly meeting a great guy? You're right. Why do that when you could continue sleeping with Chace on the side with absolutely no commitment."

"JADE!" Olivia screeched.

It was true though. Olivia had been sleeping with Chace Crawford (seen Gossip Girl anyone?), one of Seb's other close friends, for close to 6 months now. Well on and off. She didn't believe in relationships or love. Her parents had taught her that. Growing up her parents fought continuously. She couldn't figure out why they just didn't separate if they weren't happy together. Her father cheating on her mother right before Livie's 18th birthday had been the final straw for her, and she swore she would never fall in love. It only resulted in heart ache. So she just didn't date. She had slept with a few people, Chace being one of them obviously. It had worked for her so far. She had watched her own brother attempt and fail at relationships time and time again. She watched Jade cry over boys and she just wouldn't allow anyone to have that kind of control over her, Ever.

"Come on." Jade pushed her stall door open adjusting her boobs in her dress as she did so. "Let's go see if I can find some random hottie to chase after me."

Livie rolled her eyes, "He's not exactly random....."

"Huh?" Jade paused at the door.

"It's Chris Evans."
"Chris Evans, like Captain America Chris Evans? As Seb's friend Chris Evans?"

Livie nodded with a duck of her head.

"You know how to pick them. Out of all the dudes out there you always end up going for Seb's best friends."

"I didn't go for anyone." Livie corrected her. "We just danced."

"Mmmmmhhhmm sure."

Chris tried to ask Seb for information on who Olivia was but it was impossible to have a conversation over the music and Seb was pretty much drunk anyhow. He was off greeting other people before Chris could get a question out. So Chris turned his attention back to seeking out Olivia again.

"SEBASTIAN!" Livie called out as she saw her friend leaning against the bar.

"Livie!" He grinned. "And J.J!" He pulled them into a hug.

"Thought you'd be pissy since we declined our RSVP."

"I counted on you two changing your minds." He waved his hand at the bar tender.

"How'd you know?" Livie smirked.

"Who would want to miss this epic party?" He looked around at the crowded room full of people dancing, laughing, and drinking.

"You're right." Livie laughed.

"Before you 2 disappear let me get a picture with you." Seb tossed his phone to someone standing next to them, "Take a pic would ya?"

He wrapped an arm around each of them, "Say Happy Birthday SEB!"

Livie and Jade laughed and posed for the picture.

Livie kissed Seb on the cheek, "Happy Birthday boo." She whispered to him before Jade drug her off onto the dance floor.

"Well well well." Livie walked out on to the balcony area to cool off a little while later and was surprised to see Chris.

"You're a hard person to find." Chris commented.

"It's the mask. Everyone looks the same."

"So why don't you take your mask off?"

She silently shook her head. "What are you doing out here?"

"Getting some air, you?"

"Same." She joined Chris at the railing and leaned over. "This skyline never gets old does it?"

Chris shook his head. "You live here then?"

"I do."

"Ok so I have at least 2 concrete facts." Chris teased.

"Why do you want to know so much about me?"

"Because I think you're intriguing." Chris lowered his voice and leaned into her.

"I'm not." She whispered with a gulp. His face was inches from hers.

"I think you are." Chris reached up and grazed her jaw with his fingertips.

"You don't want to do this." Livie warned.

"Let me decide that."

Livie's head was screaming to abort, turn the other way run but her body was involuntarily leaning into Chris's, their mouths inching closer and closer together.

Before her lips could meet his a figure caught Livie's attention. Chace.

"Shit." She murmured, "I've got to go." She pushed herself up and slipped around a loud group of drunk girls dancing, avoiding Chace in the process and leaving Chris utterly confused.