TWENTY THREE

"Wait, so you said I love you to each other and then got in a fight?" JJ paid for her coffee and stepped aside so Livie could order.

Livie quickly gave the barista her order before answering JJ. "Yeah. And then he left. Well we weren't really fighting when he left. I don't know how we left things. He had to get back to Boston. I didn't want to fight but he declined the call from Chace."

"Is that really worth fighting with him about?" JJ quirked an eyebrow.

"Yes." Livie shot back defensively, "Chace is my friend. I've not crossed that line with him since I started dating Chris. He said he trusts me."

"I can see why Chris didn't want you talking to Chace though after Saturday night."

Livie glared at JJ.

"What? Just saying."

"So what about Seb? Have you talked to him since he was all over that girl at the party?"

"He called me last night." JJ rolled her eyes. "I didn't answer. I don't get him."

"Me either." Livie wrinkled her nose in disgust. "I've gotta get to work. Call me tonight?"

JJ nodded as Livie grabbed her coffee from the counter, blowing a kiss as she walked out into the busy city street.

Livie kept replaying her and Chris's conversation last night before he left. It was true they weren't fighting per se. But she was upset that he had made the decision for her that she didn't need to speak to Chace. And she knew he was upset that Chace called her and that she did want to talk to him. Thanksgiving was coming up and Chris had asked if she would spend the holiday at his family's house with him. She was usually with JJ at her parent's vacation home. They had a beautiful place in Nassau County where they spent Thanksgiving as well as Christmas. Chris's schedule was going to be a lot more hectic as they were trying to wrap filming before the holidays. Which meant unless she went to Boston, he wouldn't have a chance to get back to New York before Thanksgiving. And that was the other thing that terrified Livie. Being long distance sucked. And he was only in Boston. What would happen when he was in other states or across the country. She shook her head to rid herself of thinking about that. Instead she thought about how he had said he was in love with her and a smile took over her face. She grabbed her phone from her bag and hit his name on her call log.

"Hey." He answered on the second ring.

"Hi."

"You ok? It's early for you to be calling me."

"Yeah, I'm on my way into work. I just called to say....that I Love you." She smiled as she said it.

"Now this is a phone call I could get used to receiving." She could hear his grin through the phone. "And I love you too."

"Good. I really hate how things ended when you left."

"Me too. I acted like a jealous idiot. Again."

"It's ok. You're my jealous idiot."

Chris laughed. "I will call you when I get a break."

"I'll be waiting." Livie responded giddily.

"Livie Hart." Livie answered her work line a few hours later.

"Hi Livie Hart." Chace grinned.

"Hey! Why are you calling my work line?"

"I called your cell but you didn't answer."