TWENTY TWO

Chris sat at Sebastian's breakfast bar spinning a beer cap around on the table later that afternoon.

"Just call her man." Seb said for the 10th time. He had watched Chris nurse the same beer and twirl the cap continuously on the counter for the past hour and a half.

"And say what? I cannot believe she went home with Chace last night."

"She said nothing happened." Seb pointed out.

"Ok, so tell me how would you react to your girlfriend sleeping at her ex's, drunk none the less and after she had been all over him the night before."

"Well when you put it that way, sure it sounds bad. But I know Livie."

"You were the one who told me to stay away. That she was a mess."

"But she's different with you. I've never seen her so....ass backwards in love. I've never seen her in love-"

"Love?" Chris interrupted him and shook his head, "She's not. We haven't."

"Oh, you're not in love with her then?" Seb asked.

"I didn't say that."

"So you are in love with her?"

Chris was quiet for a moment, "Yeah." He finally admitted as if he were just realizing it himself.

"You're in love with me?" Livie asked.

Chris froze his eyes meeting Sebastian's before he spun around. Livie was standing at Seb's front door and had obviously heard everything he had just said.

Chris looked back at Seb who shrugged with a smirk, "She's always just walking in like that, you gotta watch that one."

"Livie. What are you doing here?" Chris turned back around on his bar stool adverting his eyes from hers shifting them to the ground.

"I'm just gonna go....in there." Seb pointed to his bedroom before excusing himself.

"I came to talk to Seb....about you." She looked away. "I thought you would be heading back to Boston by now."

Chris shrugged.

"Did you mean that?" Livie asked cautiously taking a step towards him.

Chris chewed on his lip, still fiddling with the beer cap in his hands. "Yeah." He looked up at her through his dark eyelashes.

"I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. I don't expect you to say it back."

"You don't?" Livie tilted her head as she continued to walk towards him. "Why?"

"Because we've only been together a few months. Most of that time has been apart."

She finally stopped right in front of him. He was so damn handsome. She lifted her hand cupping his chin with her hand. She didn't say anything just leaned forward her mouth brushing against his.

"Liv." He breathed closing his eyes as his forehead rested against hers. The electricity between them he couldn't ignore. Just her simple touch set him on fire.

"I love you too." She whispered.

"You don't have to say that." He kept his eyes shut tight.

"I want too because I mean it. I was an idiot last night. I just got so jealous thinking of you blowing me off to be with another girl."

"You were jealous?" He opened his eyes with an amused grin.

"Yes of course I was. If I had my way you wouldn't be around any other woman period. Ever."

Chris chuckled. "Mandy was the one who told me I was the idiot for not coming to New York. When I told her what I was missing she forced me to leave."

"She must be a good friend." Livie ran her fingers up through Chris's hair leaning back so he could lay his head on her chest.

"She was right though. Why I would ever choose anything over you, I was the idiot."

"Do you forgive me for last night? And Chace?"

"If you'll forgive me."

"You didn't do anything wrong." Livie reminded him.

Chris shrugged tightening his arms around her as she leaned into him between his legs.

"Say it again." Livie whispered.

Chris leaned back to look at her. "I.Love.You." He tapped her nose with his finger.

She laughed and kissed him.

"Are we back together?" Sebastian walked out of the bedroom, "Are we in love?"

"Seb!" Livie frowned.

"What? This is my house." He shrugged.

"Let's go to my place please." Livie pushed herself up from Chris.

"Gladly." Chris agreed.

"Hey. I feel used here." Sebastian leaned on the sink with a scowl.

"Call JJ." Livie smiled at him as she pulled Chris to the door.

"Funny." Seb called back.

"What was that all about?" Chris asked as he pulled the front door shut behind him.

"JJ and Seb have had something going on for a while. But he won't ask her on an actual date. He makes out with her when he wants and like last night, he was with some other girl practically the whole night. I don't know what his deal is but I'm sick of seeing him use JJ."

"Seb's not that kind of guy." Chris frowned.

"I know. I didn't think so either." Livie blinked.

They got back to Livie's place, both still on a high from confessing their feelings. Still hungover from the night before Livie snuggled up on her couch pulling Chris down with her and put on a movie. She started to doze off when her phone rang.

"It's Chace." Chris hit ignore.

"Why'd you do that?" Livie turned on the couch scrunching her nose.

"Because you're with me." Chris replied like it was obvious.

"I know. But still." Livie shook her head.

"What? You wanted to answer that?"

"I don't know maybe. He's not a bad guy Chris."

"I know he's not. But you use to sleep with him-"

"You know what. Don't say that anymore. I'm kinda sick of having that thrown in my face every time Chace's name comes up."

"Oh I get it. You're the only one who's allowed to be jealous and act irrational."

"At least you admit you're acting irrational." Livie pushed herself up to a sitting position.

"Me being irrational? Because I ignored the call of your ex. You're right I'm out of my mind. Maybe I should go get drunk and spend the night with MY ex!" He exclaimed.

"I said I was sorry for that. I'm not used to dating and being jealous. And having to answer to someone."

"You think that's what this is? That you have to answer to me?" Chris shook his head. "How is this going to work?"

Livie wrapped her arms around herself jutting out her lower lip. "I don't know." She whispered honestly.