~ Chapter One ~

"Is that Foster?" asked a blonde haired boy, pointing to me.

"Yeah." responded one of my best friends, Linh.

It was at the annual end of the school year pool party. Only a couple hours ago, I finished my freshmen year of high school. I had just jumped in the pool with Linh, when Keefe showed up.

What's Keefe going to do? I thought. A mischievous glint shone in his ice blue eyes, right before he sent a wave of pool water into my face.

"Keefe!" I shrieked, splashing him back.

"Oh, it's on Foster!" he yelled, as we continued to drench each other with water.

After we both had enough, Linh and I swam away. Though I couldn't help but notice the smug expression she wore.

"What, Linh?" I asked, assuming she was thinking about something related to me.

"Nothing. Just that you and Keefe are so cute together!" she exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and splashed her. "Come on, it's cute." she whined. 

"No!" I responded, splashing her playfully again. I hadn't told anybody about my crush on Keefe. Not even Linh or Biana. I've considered it, but I've been to embarrassed to admit it. I mean, I've had this hopeless crush ever since seventh grade, and I'm practically a tenth grader now. 

"Hey Sophie, you okay?" asked Biana, swimming up to Linh and I in a royal purple bikini. Which was the opposite of my red one piece and rash guard.

"Yeah." I responded, realizing that I was probably staring off into space while I was thinking.

"She's just daydreaming about Keefe." replied Linh smugly.

"LINH!" I screamed, splashing her with water.

"Yeah Linh, I'm sure Sophie doesn't like Keefe." said Biana, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

I'm pretty sure Linh noticed too, because she dropped the subject after that. The rest of the day passed by quickly with all the fun I had with Linh and Biana, and the occasional glance at Keefe.