~ Chapter Seventeen ~

If only I had the guts to tell him. I thought as I stole another glance at Keefe. It wasn't easy to hide my crush. Especially since it seemed to be growing every minute. I still remember the times when I didn't pay attention to him at all. He was just the class clown to me, nothing more. But once I met him, he started to grow on me. He was smart, funny, and charming, and although he could be an idiot, the way he made me laugh made up for it.

"Hey, Sophie." said Linh, walking up to me.

"Hi." I replied.

"Staring at Keefe?" she asked with raised eyebrows.

"What! No." I responded, trying to cover it up.

"He likes you, you know." she said, sitting next to me on the cafeteria bench.

"Does not." I replied.

"Alright." she responded, letting the subject rest.

I made it to the last period of the school day without being distracted by Keefe. Until I bumped into him in the hallway of course.

"Woah, better watch where you're going." said Keefe, turning around to face me.

"Hey, Foster." he added, his tone becoming quieter.

"Hi, Keefe." I replied, forcing myself to look up at him. As our eyes met, I blushed and quickly jerked my head back down.

"Better get to my next class." I mumbled to him, continuing through the halls. Oh, shoot. My next class is with him. I thought.

As I entered the classroom, Keefe slid into the seat next to mine.

"Long time, no see." he said, smirking. Oh, why did I have to have a crush on Keefe Sencen?