~ Chapter Nineteen ~

Dedicated to @geekgilr . Thank you so much for supporting my story!! It means a lot to me, and hope you continue to do so. And sorry for not dedicating a chapter to you earlier, but I haven't been writing as much as I used to.

I couldn't concentrate. That's how bad it was. I couldn't go a minute without thinking about him. The way he laughed. The way he smiled. The way I acted like an idiot whenever I was around him.

"Ughhhhh." I groaned, repeatedly banging my head on the truckload of homework I've been given. It was clear that my little innocent crush has gotten out of hand. Before I could change my mind, I picked up my phone and called Biana.

"What's up, Soph?" asked Biana, sounding extremely perky.

"I need help." I replied.

"With what? The homework?" she responded, surprised since I don't usually have trouble with school work.

"Uh, not exactly. You know, maybeIcansolvethisproblemonmyownsinceit'snotsuchabigdeal anyway-" I blurted, regretting my decision to call her.

"Don't worry, I'm coming over right now." she replied as the call ended. Arghhh. I thought, wondering how I was going to share my very private love life problems with an overenthusiastic matchmaker.

"Hi!" exclaimed a female voice behind me.

"GAH!" I yelled, as I fell out of my desk chair from the shock.

"Are you okay?" asked Biana, clearly trying to stifle her laugh.

"Yeah." I replied, smiling a little as Biana helped me up. 

"So, what did you need help with?" she said, sitting down next to me on my bed.

"Nothing-" I said, getting cut off by her.

"Don't you dare say 'nothing' Sophie Foster, because I know there is definitely something going on." she responded.

How am I going to tell her? I thought. Just be honest. She's your best friend. I told myself, thinking of a way to word my response.

"Well, it's just that, uh, something's been distracting me lately." I replied, deciding to not dump the whole truth on her at once.

"Or someone.." she added, raising her eyebrows.

"Ughhh! Okay, fine. It is a someone." I responded, as a grin spread across her lips.

"SOPHIE HAS A BOYFRIEND-" yelled Biana as I covered her mouth with my hand in an attempt to muffle her screams.

"Shhh! My parents are home!" I said, not wanting my dad to hear.

"Oh, right, sorry." she replied, though she still had a grin on her face.

"Hmmm. Let me guess, this mysterious someone is...Keefe?" she guessed, as shock spread over my face.

"How did you know?!" I asked, wondering if my crush was really that obvious.

"So it is him!!!" exclaimed Biana, looking too excited for my liking.

"Is it that obvious?" I responded, worried for the reply.

"Uh, kind of. I mean the way you sneak glances at him when you thing no one else is watching, the way you always seem to smile a little more and laugh a little louder around him." she replied, making me realize just how much I liked Keefe.

"What do I do?" I asked, wondering if Biana would be able to give me some love advice since she's experienced in the dating area.

"To be honest, I have no idea." she said.

"How did you get such a perfect relationship with Tam then?" I replied, wondering how their relationship was one of a perfectly normal couple.

"Well, since we seem to be admitting secrets, I never knew I really liked Tam until he took me on a date. I actually had been liking Keefe for a while, and I only agreed to go out with Tam because I didn't want to embarrass him in front of everyone. But once I went on a date with him, I realized what an amazing person he was and now I can't imagine life without him." she admitted sheepishly.

"Awww, that's so sweet!" I replied, wondering if I would ever feel that way about someone.

"You know, Keefe likes you too." she said.

"Nah, he would never like a geek like me." I responded, rejecting the idea even though I wanted to believe it.

"Sophie, just because you're smart doesn't make you a geek. And you're so much more than just smart too. And before Tam, I liked Keefe for several years, but once I saw the way he looked at you, I knew I didn't stand a chance." Biana replied truthfully.

"You mean it?" I asked, still trying not to believe it.

"Every. Single. Word." she responded with a smile before pulling me into a hug.

And I know I was super late with this update, but at least I made it long. Hope you didn't think this was too cheesy and if you have any constructive criticism, I'd love to hear it!