Chapter Twenty Two: Lions To The South

Four horses trotted down the Kings Road through the tents set up along the side of the road almost like a welcoming party to The Twins ahead. The closer they got the harder Aris' heart beat in her chest.

As they approached the gates they were stopped by men, "State your name and business!"

"I am Russyl of the RiverLands. I am travelling with Aris Stark."

The two men glanced at each other before bursting out laughing. A breath escaped Aris and her heart dropped. "Aris Stark is dead, mate. Nice Try."

"I am Aris of house Stark!" shouted Aris growing impatient. "I demand to see my brother Robb Stark, King in the North. Or shall I have him notified that you turned me away."

The men glanced at each other and cleared their throats before stepping aside to allow the horses over the bridge into the tower. "We'll notify Robb Stark."

Wyllim jumped off the back of the horse and Aris took no time in following him down. She looked around at the tower unable to believe that she was here, where she belonged with her mother and brother.

Wooden doors leading into the tower flew open and Catelyn Stark emerged with her eldest son Robb behind her. Once they were informed that a person who claimed to be Aris Stark was at the gates, they immedielty came with overwhelming feelings of fear and excitement.

 Once they were informed that a person who claimed to be Aris Stark was at the gates, they immedielty came with overwhelming feelings of fear and excitement

Catelyn's sharp eyes searched the grounds for her daughter, looking for any sign that she had returned finally. Her eyes landed on a group of people ahead with horses, one person stood out, she looked around anxiously. The same round cheeks and expression that Catelyn recognised as Aris, but she was still unsure.

"Aris?" Catelyn called uncertain and picked up the front of her dress and marched through the mud.

Aris turned her gaze and a small breath escaped her mouth. Catelyn brought Aris into a crushing embrace. "I was so worried. I thought you were dead."

Aris' eyes closed and she buried her face into her mother's shoulder. She could do nothing but cry in her mother's embrace. Catelyn looked to the sky and thanked the old gods and the new for bringing back her daughter. Catelyn then suddenly pulled Aris away looking her in the eyes and said, "Arya?"

"Alive." was all Aris had to say. "I was with her, but we got separated."

"She's alive. That's all that matters now that you're back"

"Sansa is still in the Capital."

"We'll get her back."

Robb on the other hand approached step by step with his mouth agape, hand in hand with the dark girl beside him. He imagined this scenario a thousand times in his head and when it came, he didn't know what to do.