Surprise

Katys POV

The next day I woke up to John's arms rapped around me. I rolled over so I was facing him.

"Hey, what are we going to do today?" I asked him.

"Well I was thinking we could go somewhere. I already have it planned out. I just need you to get ready so we can go."

I was slightly confused with what John told me, was he trying to surprise me?"

"Okay well, I'm going to need to know where we are going so I can dress appropriately."

I knew if I asked that maybe he would give me a idea of where we are going.

"Oh don't worry, Shannon is coming over in like 5 minutes. She knows where we are going. She can help you pick a outfit. But the rest is a surprise."

Damn was he good. I was excited, what could he possibly be doing.

John's POV

I was getting nervous. What if this was all to soon. I bought a ring a few months ago but then we took a break and never got to ask her. She is so important to me. I can't let her go again.

I was going to take her to Santa Barbra for the day. I would bring her to her favorite places, and then finally we would end up at the Santa Barbra ocean. There would be fireworks, and then finally I would pull out the ring, and ask her to marry me.

If everything goes as plan, she will say yes. If she does so there will be a grand firework, and then her family and friends will all come out.

I had to start getting ready. I put on a nice shirt, and a pair of dark jeans. I didn't want to be to fancy, otherwise she might suspect something.

Katy's POV

Shannon came over and picked me out a dress that was a bit casual. She said to curl my hair and then put a pair of heals on. I did my make up, doing the usual simple look.

Over the 2 hours it took for me to get ready, I kept asking Shannon what was going on. She would just shrug her shoulders and laugh. For Shannon to keep a secret, it had to be something important.

Few hours later

John's POV

We finally had arrived at Santa Barbra, and I took Katy out to lunch. We went to the beach and watched the sunset. I could tell she was happy, but she wasn't expecting what was coming next.

8 pm hit and I took her to the Santa Barbra ocean. She was confused on why we were here, but then a single firework shot up. She turned to me and smiled like a little kid. She looked so excited over a single firework.

Katy's POV

I firework shot up and I was amazed. I turned to John and he was laying a blanket down for us to sit down on.

The show continued, and I turned to John. He looked nervous, and it confused me.

The last firework shot up, and it got quiet. John looked into my eyes.

"Katy I have a question, and I want you to give me the answer that makes you happy."

"Okay John, what is it."

He put his hand in his back pocket, still having complete eye contact with me.

"Katy, will you marry me?"

He pulled out a box out of his pocket and opened it. I was shocked. I knew he had a surprise planed but I was never expecting this.

I leaned in and kissed him, after a few seconds, I had come up with my answer. So I broke the kiss, and looked at John..

To be continued