Staying Strong

Katys POV

It's been a week since the wedding, and I had a appointing at the doctors. I was kinda nervous things felt different about this pregnancy, compared to the last. But it might be because I had twins last time, I just hoped the baby was healthy.

John's POV

Katys been complaining that this pregnancy just doesn't feel right. To be honest I'm worried, she did drink that one night. But she doesn't really remember. I have a bad feeling and I'm hoping for the best but thinking of the worst.

She had a appointment in 10 minutes. Mary and Keith were coming to watch the kids.

Katys POV

My parents arrive and I hugged them and ran out the door. We were going to be late.

John drove off the the office where I ran into the waiting room, signing myself in.

The doctor called me in and brought me to room. She put some gel stuff on my stomach like always while looking at the screen.

John's POV.

Katy was trying to relax. And I was watching the monitor. I noticed that the doctor froze and began to search the screen more taking lots of notes.

"Excuse me one moment, I just need to go get one more thing." The doctor said whil running out the room.

I had a bad feeling when she said that. But she came back in a few minutes.

"Katy hers a towel you can wipe your stomach off." She said

"How's the baby?!" Katy asked with a worried tone.

"I need to talk to you, I have some questions Mrs. Mayer. I think you should sit down next to your husband I don't know how you will take this."

She finished and I knew what was coming next Katy sat down next to me. She know what was coming to. She grabbed my hand squeezing it tightly. I looked at the floor while moving my foot in a circle hoping for the doctor to just say what she was going to say.

"Mrs. Mayer by any chance did you have any alcohol or drugs did you smoke by any chance?"

Katy was trying to think. She didn't remember that night and I wasn't there but I heard about it.

"Yes she did." I said, knowing Katy would take forever to answer.

"I could tell. The baby is in critical condition. It couldn't handle the alchol intake. For the baby to survive im going to need you to be checked into a hospital for a few days so we can keep a close eye on her."

I froze, the doctor just told us.

"We are having another daughter?" Katy said with a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Oh I forgot you didn't know, but indeed it's a girl. Now I think it's time we get you over there. There's no promises that the baby will survive but we can try." The doctor said.

I hugged Katy knowing how worried she probably was.

"It's going to be fine babe," I whisper while walking out of the building. She clung onto me while she hurried her head into my chest. She just cried and I felt her tears soaking into my shirt. "Whatever the outcome is we will get through it. I promise." I kissed her forehead and rubbed her back trying to calm her down as we got into the car.

"Call my parents let them know I might not be home for a while." she said while turning up the radio, she was trying to hide the sound of her crys.

But even if I couldn't hear her I would have known she was hurting. When you love someone the way I love her you could be on opposite sides of the world but you get this feeling inside, whenever that person is hurting. And as much as I was hurting, and seeing Katy the way she was did not help. I had to stay strong. For her.