Chapter 23: Battle

The army arrived at the twin mountains in under six hours and set up camp near the entrance for the night, the Order and Elemental soldiers were in constant chatter throughout the journey, all of them thinking about what will happen to them the next day and whether or not they will even walk out of this battle alive. Although they were soldiers of war and had already experienced many battles, they still had feelings and can feel fear. The fear of losing someone they care about or even the fear of not returning to their family.

Zack and V, however, were too busy planning for the attack the next day to even think about what the outcome of this battle might be.

V: Once the front lines are broken, you need to take that opportunity to find out their weakness as soon as possible.

Zack: Understood.

V: My army and I will cover you as you go in. This way, you'll be able to get a better chance of exploiting their weakness before they force you out.

Zack: I shall bring Shadow with me.

V: Alright.

As Zack turned to leave, V gave a final warning that Zack knew was the most important to take note.

V: Remember Zack, once you go in, there is no coming out. It's not too late to turn back.

Zack: I know it isn't, but I can't sit back and watch a town suffer like that.

V: I understand.

Zack: We should prepare ourselves.

V: Agre...

He was cut off by a shout from the mountains which caused all activity to cease.

There was dead silence at first but after a minute or so, ghost soldiers and giants started to appear at the entrance to the twin mountains until a huge army could be seen, and in front of them all stood a ghost juggerknight with a crown on his head.... Ghostly.

Ghostly: You honestly thought that your actions would have gone unnoticed?

V: He knew what we were doing.

Zack: No time for rest now. Prepare to attack!

Ghostly: Bring it on, Ghost Empire, destroy the intruders!

The Order and the Elementals charged in with full force and smashed against the front lines of the Ghost Empire, causing the ghost army to pull back a little. The Ghost Empire maintained their ground and did not hold back.

The battle was fierce and soldiers from both sides started to fall slowly. The ghosts didn't have a wide variety of troops like the Order and Elementals did.

Their troops were only made up of ghost Speartons, Juggerknights, Charrogs and the giants from both Order and Chaos.

As the war raged on, Zack could see Ghostly tearing up their army with his battle axe solo. Ghostly had a lot of battle experience and was definitely putting that to good use.

V mind-controlled some of the giants and turned them on their own army, however, although their army seemed to be winning due to the strength and number advantage, they had not even broken through the front lines.

Zack: V, this isn't working!

V: They are respawning inside their base! If we don't find out their weakness soon, our armies will fall!