Chapter 18: The Message

After the Order had encamped themselves inside the elemental's base, Zack motioned Shadow and Ryder to follow him.

Ryder: Can my pups come along?

Zack: Of course, we might need them.

Ryder brought his pups along to the elemental's meeting hall where he saw many other elementals just wandering about doing their own thing. V was waiting for them at the far end of the hall.

After reaching him, V provided some refreshments for them while the conversation began.

V: I suppose the message you bring must be important.

Zack: Indeed, it is.

V: What is it about?

Zack: I'm afraid that Ghostly has decided to strike.

V: Hmm... I see, but won't that be okay since its only him and not the rest?

Zack: I don't think that is okay.

V: Why is that?

Zack: Ghostly has decided to attack Adventure Bay, which is their home.

V: Hmm... this is indeed serious.

Zack: I ask that you and your elementals help us take down Ghostly and his empire once and for all.

V: It's not as easy as it sounds Zack.

Zack: What do you mean?

V: If we were to take them down, we need to strike at the heart of their very existence.

Zack: And, where is that?

V: It is isolated, deep in the mountain valley.

Zack: Which is...

V: It's in the very center of it all.

Shadow: Hold on for a moment, if you knew all along where Ghostly was hiding, why haven't you put an end to him?

V: *sighs* We... have learnt a terrible secret from them...

Zack: What is the secret?

V: If you destroy any of Ghostly's men, they will just respawn back at their home.

Zack: How do you know this?

V: We learnt it from your father Zack.

Zack: My... father?

V: The best warrior in the Order, he... went to face Ghostly.

Zack: What happened?

V: He struck down many ghost soldiers with ease, but... as his army started to dwindle, Ghostly came out to face him. He... fought bravely but... he didn't survive.

After hearing this, Zack sat down on a nearby chair with his hands over his head.

Shadow: Oh no...

Ryder: Wait... this means that Ghostly can't die?

V: There is a source to their life... but we haven't been able to find out what it is.

Skye: Zack... I'm so sorry.

Zack: It's okay... I know now what must be done.

All eyes instantly shifted to him.

Zack: We all know what Ghostly is capable of doing, so it is time to put an end to him once and for all. We are going to destroy him.

Check out Operation: Restore for another chapter tdy as well. ;)