Bite

??? pov

We ran. How far? How long? We didn't know, but we ran, because quite frankly, our lives depended on it. Those..things, they were catching up, snarling and snapping their disfigured jaws, and baring their yellow teeth and fangs. Something let out a shrill shriek and a loud thud was heard. We all turned to see one of our comrades, Dust go down and the things swarmed him, biting down into his bones and tearing his apart. "DUST! NO!" I screamed and turned to get him, but was pulled back by another comrade, Horror. "PLEASE! HELP ME! PLEASE IM B-BEGGING YOU HELP M- AHH!" Dust's desperate cries were cut short as those monsters devoured him. I fought back tears and we kept running. Thats 3. 3 dead and nothing we could do but run. I made a promise to him. "WE'RE ALMOST THERE, WE GOTTA KEEP GOING!" Cross yelled, waving us on and we ran through the trees and debris. I could see it! The mansion! We were almost there, so close! Suddenly, my thoughts were cut short as I was tackled to the ground. "HORROR, YOUR AXE!" I screamed as I flipped over and tried to push the monster off me, its horrid breath and the scent of death filled my senses. "NIGHTMARE, DUCK!" Horror ordered, and I pressed my head into the ground, and not a second later, the zombie was flung off me.

No POV
Horror swung his axe, and as it made contact with the undead being, a loud shriek and crack was heard as it flew off Nightmare and against a tree, laying limp on the ground, twitching occasionally. "Thanks." Nightmare wheezed and scrambled off the ground.
"Anytime, now move your slimy, tentacled ass!" Horror helped Nightmare up and they bolted with the rest of the group. They were almost there. Just a few more miles and they would be safe. So they thought. Nightmare  ran up to Killer's side. "Almost there baby, we can make it.." Nightmare panted. "Y-yea..almost the- AHHH!!!!" Killer let out a blood curdling scream as he was tackled to the ground by a snarling and snapping zombie. Nightmare veered around and was about to get the thing off of his lover when, the zombie sunk its teeth into Killer's neck. Killer let out another blood curdling scream as blood pooled in his mouth. "KILLER!!" Nightmare shrieked and ran to tackle the zombie off of Killer, but Horror dragged him away.  "NO!! WE CANT LEAVE HIM!!" Nightmare kicked Horror off and pulled his pistol out, shooting the zombie square between the eyes. Instantly Nightmare was at Killer's side as Killer gasped for air. "Nightmare NO!" Horror screamed. "JUST GO! ILL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU DAMNIT!" Nightmare ordered. Horror looked to the others beforr nodding and running off, the others close behind. Killer was sobbing. "I-i-its hurts..i d-dont wanna d-d-die..!" Killer gripped onto Nightmare's arm. "I know baby..i-i know.." Nightmare rested his forehead on Killer's. "Shh...its gonna be okay.." Nightmare pulled out his pistol and put it to Killer's temple. "I-i-im so...sorry.." Nightmare cried. He leaned in and kissed Killer one final time..before pulling the trigger. Killer lay limply in Nightmare's lap, as Nightmare sobbed. He slowly got up, and planted a kiss on Killer's forehead, before running off, still sobbing loudly.

What would become of him..?