Chapter 7

Chapter 7- "Just saving your ass!"

Aisha's POV
"Why do you blink so much?" Yousuf asks laying on the bed.
"No I don't."
"Well you do a lot." I shake my head and sit next to him, he sits and keeps his eyes on mine.
"How about we play a game?" He asks.
"I'm in."
"Whoever blinks first loses." He challenges. "You're on." I keep my eyes wide open and stare into his, intimidating him to blink. He bings his face closer to mine and threatens me to blink. With our face mere inches away, the door swings open and Omar storms in full on anger.
"What the f*ck is happening here?" He roars.
I stand up to meet him but he shoves me aside and grabs Yousuf by the collar. "You son of b*tch!" He punches in in the face and pushes him away. I come in between the both of them and say, "It isn't what you think it is, we were just.."
"You were just what? Kissing? So this is why you chose to sleep here, so you guys can kiss then f*ck!" He cuts me off rudely.
"No! We we just playing a game I swear to God and you just came in. It isn't what you think it is."

"Save your explanation. I regret bringing you here." He says ruefully.
He walks out and I apologise to Yousuf. "Please stay here, I will go talk to him."

Omar's POV
I kick the chair and take off my tee, throwing it on the bed. "What the f*ck were they about to do!" I groan in anger and Aisha bursts in.
"Why are you acting like a drama Queen, we were just playing a game and nothing more!" I let out a sick chuckle and snap, "I brought you here for business not to f*ck my brother!"

I see the anger in her and she blunts, "And what's your deal with it?"

'Yeah! What's your deal with it?' My brain questions.

"I don't care about your life and relationships but I won't hesitate to put an end to all these shits and your career if you try to mess around with my brother. I know women like you who claim to be holy but tries to put a baby in their belly so they can cling to the billionaires!" I say and narrow my eyes to hers. "I know how you bloody gold diggers work."

A sharp pain on my right cheek made me wince. She slapped me! No one has ever done that to me and damn! Did it hurt more considering the fact that she's left handed.
"You don't know anything about me so don't you ever call me a gold digger!" She roars in anger and storms out.

I put my hand on my cheek and feel the heat radiating. In pain and annoyance, I lay on the bed and turn off the lights.
                          • • • •

"Aisha! Open up, we have a meeting to attend to." I knock on Yousuf's door. He opens the door with a frown. "I'm sorry for yesterday." I apologize, although I'm not good with apologies, Yousuf is the only brother I've got and I'm not ready to leave him for some b*tch.
"Whatever." He sighs and smiles. This means that we're cool. "Where's Aisha?" I ask.
"Oh she left. After we prayed last night she told me that she has to leave for New York and asked me to give you this." He hands me a white paper with two words written on it.
I quit.
I stare at the paper and feel my world crashing, strange as it may seems but Aisha is a great help to me and I shouldn't have talked to her that way last night.
"What does it say?" Yousuf asks.
"She quitted." I mutter. "I have to go!" I shout and run out of the hotel, I look around and get into my car, heading for the airport. I ask the hostess if they've seen her but they deny. I run into the plane that goes to New York but I don't find her there. I call her but she doesn't pick.
What have I done? I mentally ask myself

You just showed her how much of an idiot you're!

My brain replies.

I check my time and notice that I'm late for the meeting. Shit! I get in my car and drive hastily to the hall. Immediately I walk in, my eyes fall on Aisha as she entertains the guests. I can't believe this woman, after what I told her, she still came back. I take my time to look at her pump pink lips which looks like she pouts everytime. Her brown eyes are full of happiness and as she laughs, her one sided dimples deepens. Her long eyelashes slightly brushes her face as she blinks and gosh! Those cheeks of hers.

Her eyes finds mine and the laughter in her eyes fades. She frowns but covers it quickly with a fake smile as she motions me to come over.
I greet them and settle for business. I take a glance at her and she turns her face the other way, clearly angry.
We start talking and it happened! The CEO asks me a question on Nicolas Ghesquière.
"Nicolas is my business partners and I will love to hear what you think of him?" He strains his small eyes to mine.
Shit! I didn't read about him.
Beep my phone vibrates and I check the message:

Aisha: I think he's fabulous and can't really say if it's because of  the fact that he's self taught or how he shows the world who French people are through his designs. I also love how he captures the mood of the people through his work. There's one word to describe his works, exquisite.
Just saving your ass!

I smile at her caring attitude and say exactly what she typed. The CEO becomes impressed and asks more questions but of course, Aisha helps me.

I wait for them to leave before dragging Aisha away to a corner.
"I thought you left, you almost gave a heart attack." I say.
"Really?" She puts her hands on her waist. "I wanted you to have a heart attack, too sad it's just an almost." She turns to leave but I block her with my hand.
"I'm not good at saying sorry so don't expect me to say it." I say.
"Ugh, you are such a cocky jerk!" She bounces off but I hold her hand firmly.
"Let go of me!" She yells and bite me. I flinch in pain but still manage to whisper, "I'm sorry."
"What? I can't hear you." She fakes.
"Sorry." I muse a little louder.
"For what?" She smiles.
"For being stupid." This is embarrassing.
"And?"
"A fool."
"And?"
"An idiot."
"And?" What does this woman want me to say.
"Everything."
She smiles and say, "Well it's not your fault, being a jerk seems to be in your blood. And never apologize for what you're." She smirks.
"But why did you come back? I saw your letter."

"I'm not changing my mind on quitting. I went to the plane to get some of my stuffs but saw some papers on your bed, I checked them and I found out that you read the wrong information but I read the right one. So the good part of told me to help you and here I'm. So bye, I'm moving to your brother's company."

"I said I'm sorry didn't I? I will double your salary if you want, just stay." I whine.

"Nope, not changing my decision till you learn how to not be a jerk."

"But you said that being a jerk is in my blood, so I don't have to change." I smirk.

She narrows her eyes to mine and say, "That's why I'm not coming back." She walks out and gets a taxi.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to comment and click on the star.. Stay blessed!