Chapter 13

Chapter 13- "I'm here to take my wife."

Aisha's POV

"Oh shut up! I took the pillows!"
We both gasp as we see the pillows arranged on the chair.
Omar's mum glare at us with her brow raised. "Can someone tell me what's going on?"
"Err...It isn't what you think mum." Omar starts.
"Oh don't mum me! I know what it is, you're being unfair and harsh to Aisha. I knew something like this would happen. Aisha dear, are you alright?"
I mentally smile and give her my best puppy eyes. "Oh mother, he's so harsh to me especially when I try to be nice." I sniffle and bow my head down. She embraces me in an assuring hug. My eyes meet his and I can swear that he's mentally slapping me and shooting lasers. "Mum, I didn't do anything. I don't know what she's talking about!"

"Save your explanation." She glares at Omar and looks at me. "I knocked endlessly but you didn't answer, so with the spare key with me I unlocked it and I saw him clutching on to the pillows. While you were at the far end of the bed with covers covering half your body. The reason I'm here is to tell you to get your things ready because on Thursday, you'll be going on your honeymoon."

"Honeymoon? Mum, I don't think it's necessary." Omar shakes his head.

"What do you think dear?" She asks me. Atleast Omar and I don't want to go on this honeymoon but I will look like a bad daughter-in-law if I say no and that's the last thing I want.

"Thank you so much mother, we would love to go."

"We would?" Omar questions in my ear. I nudge him and smile sweetly at mother. He smiles too and hugs her. "Thank you mum, you're the best. What will we do without you?"

"Die!" She jokes. We ask her to stay for breakfast but she refuses. I check the time, Subhanallah! I'm late.

I get dressed and take my bag. Rushing out, I see Omar in his car.
"Can you drop me off at work?" He looks at me and looks into space, thinking. He smiles sweetly at me and say.

"No!" Before I protest, he accelerates and speeds off. What a husband! I take the cab and in no time, I arrived at work. I don't mean Yousuf's company but Omar's.
I walk up to Mama and hug her. She smiles and play with my cheeks. "Hello dear, how's life as a married woman?"

"I miss being single." I cry. She laughs and pinches me.

"Ouch! It hurts."

"That's how being single hurts right now." She smiles and I can see the sadness in her eyes.

When she was young, tons of men approached her but she wasn't ready to get married. She lived her life to the fullest and never bothered about marriage but when she was ready, it was late. Ever since my love with Omar ended, I lost hope in love because it weakens you and makes you vulnerable. It surprised me how I fell for Yousuf so quick but I guess that I was stupid to believe that he actually loved me. "So what are you doing here?" She asks.

"Job interview."

She nods her head and smiles, "I can't believe that my little boy is married. You've been here for over a month and just suddenly tame him."
I grin and shrug my shoulders. If only she knew the drama that goes on every day with that arrogant idiot. I knock on his door and hear fast walking, sound of scraps of papers. My instincts kick in and I open the door.
I gasp in shock as I see Omar on a woman. I narrow my eyes and see the stupid face of Jenny. He looks at me with indifference and furrows his brows.
"You're expected to knock!" He roars in annoyance. What!
"You bastard! There's something called self respect and it's obvious you lack that!"
He gets off Jenny and pushes me to the wall with force. "Who the hell do you think you're? You're familiar with this scene so just f*ck off!"

With disgust, I slap him on the face, storm out and pick my bag. I hear footsteps stomping and I hasten my speed. He grabs my hand and drags me to the car. "Get in!"

"I won't!" I argue. He swallows my eyes into his as his hand opens the door. "I won't say this again. Get in the f*cking car!"
I hiss and walk away ignoring his calls. He watches me as I take a cab.

What an asshole!
Ya Allah! Why did it have to be him?

The cab suddenly halts and the driver horns. I look out and I see a car facing the taxi. I narrow my eyes and I see Omar. The cars behind us start horning and so does the taxi driver. Omar accelerates, almost colliding with the taxi before stopping mere inches away.

Does he have a death wish?

I poke my head out the taxi and shout at him. "Are you insane!"
He steps out of his car and walk up to the taxi. He opens the door and gets in. I move farther away from him as he seats. "What the hell man! What do you think you're doing?" The driver quarrels. Omar hands him new dollar notes and he collects it. "I'm here to take my wife." He smiles, I roll my eyes and get out of the car.

He trails behind me and thinks that I'm gonna get in his car, but I take a turn. He huffs and holds my arm. "Let go of me, you bastard!" I snap my hand away and continue walking. All of a sudden, he grabs me firmly making me jerk in surprise. He twirls me around till I look into his brown eyes. "Don't you ever call me a bastard or I will show you the true work of a bastard!" He gritts his teeth. He's angry at me, what a bloody idiot! He's the one at fault and he has the guts to be angry. I try to snatch my hand away from his but he doesn't let go. "Let go of me, don't you dare touch me after running your disgusting hands through your slut!"

"Why the hell are you mad at me?"
"Oh funny question." I say sarcastically.
"Are you jealous? So what if you caught me f*cking her! You are a nobody to me, you are just my wife by accident. Better get use to it!"

Anger! Frustration! Disgust! Hatred! Hell every negative emotion played in my heart. I feel like slapping him again but I know that it wouldn't hurt him, so I did what my mind said.

I kick him where the sun doesn't shine! He groans in pain and fall on the ground. With enough satisfaction, I walk away.

                          •  •  •  •

"Get ready, we have a party to throw for the company's award night!" He yells from the kitchen. I don't answer and go to my room. Yes! I moved out from our room. He didn't mind and infact, he didn't care. Ever since the 'Jenn

in his office' stuff happened, we don't talk much. I don't know if it's the guilt of being caught by his wife or because I ignore him most of the time. Whatever the reason is, we haven't had an argument or decent talk about it; about anything.

I grab my towel and get into the shower. Letting the water stream down my back, I close my eyes and ignore the sudden rapid beats of my heart. Seeing him with Jenny didn't affect me, it's not the first time. But being his wife, although we aren't in love, I still felt a pang of anger. If someone had seen them, our acts will be tarnished.
Wrapping a towel round my chest, I walk out and my eyes widen as it meets his. I quickly regain myself and walk pass him, opening my drawer and taking out my inner wears.

"Can we talk?" He breaks the silence.
"About?"
He rakes his hair with his hand in anger, "About you acting like I've commited a great sin. It isn't even a big deal!"

"It may not be to you, but it is to me! Aren't you ashamed of what you did? You were using your desk as a f*cking sex motel and you expect me to be okay with it!"
He stands to his feet and faces me, "So what if you caught me with her? It's not like we're a thing, so quit acting like a drama Queen!"

I groan in annoyance and fold my hands on my chest. "We aren't a thing, I get it but can you at least get a hold of yourself!" I take my bra and head to the bathroom to put it on but he beats me to it and stands in front the glass door. "You shouldn't care that you saw us and don't expect me to. But just don't act like a yellow b*tch in front of anyone else and never bother me about what I do!" He snaps and closes the door as he leaves.

Oh God! Give me the strength not to kill him.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to comment and click on the star.. Stay blessed!