CHAPTER 39

Dedicated to all my readers. Love you all! I'm looking for a new character! If you want to be one, read what's written below this chapter.

Chapter 39: The gift.

Yousuf's POV

My mum always told me to go for what I love, who I love in this case. But who do I chase when I'm torn between two amazing women. Unfortunately, mum isn't alive to guide me. I'm left with nothing but her memories which never ceases to remind me of how much of a failure I'm.

In the early days of my childhood, father had quickly picked interest in Omar, he was like him in many but not all ways. These few things that made him different are his best qualities. Apart from the dominant features of a Malik like the brown eyes and raven black hair, he is also proud, arrogant and cocky. He's serious, workaholic and a dedicated man. Just the type father thought was perfect for business. When Omar got his first tattoo at 18, father was furious. He cursed around accusing mother of spoiling us. It's funny, he was never home and when he finally came home for a couple of days, it would be strictly on business. Slowly, my little brother started deviating from father's picture of perfection.

I could understand Omar's pain. Born in riches was a blessing but a curse as well. He was shoved into business and responsibilities were catapulted his way just at a very young age. He wasn't given the opportunity to decide for himself, to carve his path. That had been done for him before his birth. He loathed how much he was like father, so he decided to shake things a bit. Getting tattoos, piercings and being a womaniser didn't do the trick. Father wouldn't just let him go, he saw something in Omar that he thought was ideal, very ideal.

I on the other hand was rebellious, right from the young age. We never met eye to eye on things. My carefree attitude wasn't what he wanted and i was glad. But deep down, it kind of hurt. Omar got everything he wanted, most of the companies were signed under his name. I was left with the few unimportant ones. So much for being the eldest! But this didn't stop me from looking after my little brother. I love him dearly.

Mum saw in me what my father didn't. Aside our same tanned skin, brown hair and grey eyes, we were also the closest bond that existed between a mother and son in the Malik's family. She loved Omar and I equally, but we spent more time together, considering father declaring Omar his favourite. As the eldest, she felt that it should have been me managing most of the companies not Omar. Perhaps it was pity that made our bond stronger because for as long as i can remember, I had go to her for everything. Be it a crush or silly problems. She was my safe zone.

I regretted leaving on my wedding day, Aisha suffered a great deal because of my stupid action. But mum's sadness was my biggest regret. I hadn't gone far, all along I was in New York, in one of our many mansions. Hiding from the eyes of the world. I had all my servants swear not to tell anyone of my whereabouts, but somehow she knew and the first thing she did was to visit me.

The only words she said to me that day were:

This world is full of wolves, don't be one. Don't let them get you.

With that she hugged me and left. That was the last time I saw mum before the accident three weeks later. I was there at her funeral, people were either too sad to notice me or my disguised was too good. For some unknown reason, Omar and Aisha didn't attend the funeral. I went to his house and then, I understood why they were absent. Omar was in tears, sniffing loudly without caring about people. I couldn't blame him, mum was the only home we knew. His head rose and fell on her chest. Her arm caressing him.

"Shhh... I'm here, I'm here."

I wanted to bounce in there and hold him tight, tell him I'm here. But I had failed him again, I failed Aisha. The tension was hard to face.