Chapter 11

Chapter 11- "The lock has to go!"

Aisha's POV
Why do you have to fall for his plan? I ask myself. I fold the covers and keep it aside, stretch the bedsheet and place the covers back. I smile at my little achievement and lay on the bed.

The door suddenly unlocks and I pull Omar in, just in time to reach for the door. He grabs my leg and I fall. The door slams close and I kick him in the face, he lets go my leg and holds his face in pain. I reach for the doorknob and try twisting it open but it doesn't budge.

I look back at Omar with anger as I realize what just happened. "Way to go psycho!" Omar says sarcastically.
"It's all your fault, if you hadn't lock me, this wouldn't have happened!"

He looks at me and defends, "If you hadn't lock me here this morning! We wouldn't be in this situation!"

I glare at him and shoot back, "You locked me first, so all the blames are on you!"
"Oh really? And who made me do it?"

"If you hadn't agree to this stupid marriage, I wouldn't be in this stupid house with a stupid man like you!"

He runs his hands through his hair and retorts, "That's the thanks you say to me for saving your family's ass and who flirts with my brother in the first place?"
"To hell with you! You were just saving your damn reputation and FYI, I went on a blind date with your scared ass of a brother!" I lay on the bed and he follows me with his eyes. I close my eyes and hear faint voices downstairs.
We both look at each other and I press my ear to the door. I hear his mum's voice, "Assalam alaykum! Anyone home?" "Yes! Yes!" I scream back but she doesn't hear me.

"It's completely useless, this room is sound proof." He mutters.
I look at him and sneer, "What idiot will make his room sound proof? Oh! You. But we could communicate earlier."
"Because you were so close but she's far away, she can't hear us."

He takes out his phone and I ask him what he's doing. "Massaging my phone." He puts his phone to his ears and speaks, "We're upstairs... Yes... It's... No mum! Yeah yeah... Pick the key and unlock the door. The first door when you climb the stairs."
The door gets unlocked and his mum gives both of us a weird look. She shrugs and ask how I feel. "Alhamdulilah."
"I hope he didn't trouble you?" She glares at him.
"No mum, he handled me like an egg." I lie.
"Yasmin and your mum are downstairs with your remaining boxes." We go downstairs and he holds my hand, I smile as I see him fakely smile and greet them all. "Aisha can be a bit crazy sometimes, hope she didn't show you any side of that craziness?"

He shakes his head and kisses me on the forehead, "I'm grateful to have a woman like her as my wife." I huff and roll my eyes at his little show.

Yasmin comes forward and I hug her. I notice her baby bump and whisper in her ears, "Looks like someone's been busy." She puts her hand over her mouth and blushes profusely.
I wink at her and assist them to take my things upstairs. They stay for lunch and I can't help but wait for them to leave so we can drop the irritating acts.

After lunch, they leave and we both clear up. We walk upstairs obviously tired and as we reach to the door, we look at each other and nod in approval, "The lock has to go!" We say in unison and lay on the bed. I look at him and hear him snoring softly. I perform wudu and wake him to pray, he huffs and gets up.
Wow! That was easy, I'm guessing he's too tired to protest.
I go with him to make sure he performs wudu and he does. I spread two prayer mat and to my surprise, he starts praying. Reciting the Qur'an beautifully although with little mistakes. He also doesn't miss a step and when we finished, I ask, "I thought that you don't pray?"
He looks at me tiredly, "Just because I don't pray doesn't mean that I can't pray." He slumps back on the bed and I follow.

The adhan wakes us and now with full energy, I tell him to get his lazy ass up and perform wudu. He groans and snaps, "Can't you just leave me alone! I prayed twice."
"You pray five times a day dummy!" I yell back. I take his hands and drag him to his feet, but he goes back and I end up on him. He holds me tightly by my waist and brings his lips to my ear. My leg turns to jelly and I stop struggling, his lips brushes pass my ears and kisses the sensitive spot behind my ear. I let out an unwanted soft moan and I hear him chuckle, "Is this your idea of making your belly big, you're damn too easy to fool."
Damn him! I don't talk back cos I have nothing to say.

Instead, I get off his body and mentally assure myself, "I have to resist him and his stupid schemes. I'm strong, I can do this!"

I stand up and drag him to his feet, we perform ablution and pray. We both go downstairs and our eyes snap as we look at the TV remote control. He drags me by my waist and I bite him before I take the TV remote control. I turn the TV on and choose to watch The Kissing Booth.
He huffs at my love for the movie, I ignore him and watch the movie. He walks to the kitchen and later comes in with popcorn. I don't wait for him to give me the permission but dig my hands in the paper bag before stuffing a handful of popcorn in my mouth.

I feel his hands on my hair and I look at him. "What are you doing?"
"Your hair is obscuring my view."

I don't buldge as he ties it into a messy bun. "Now your big head is obsuring my view." I ignore him and watch the movie, "I thought you don't like the movie then why are trying to watch?"

He doesn't answer but moves to the floor and focuses his eyes on the TV, he snatches the remote from my hand and I tell him to give it back. He tells me to watch and he isn't gonna change it.

The movie comes to an end and I reach to take the remote which he keeps on his thigh. Through my left eye, I notice how he hides it under his enormous shirt and I grab it with force, feeling good that I win the remote back. "The remote is now mine!" I wink.
He opens his eyes with shock before chuckling, "That isn't a remote control princess." My eyes opens widely with realisation.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to comment and click on the star.. Stay blessed!