Chapter f

My sister just got married. I'm so happy for the couples. Masha Allah! Happy married life. 🌹

I know you want to grill me but I'm so sorry for the late update. I'll make it up to you guys, I'm sorry.

Chapter 35- He wasn't taught to.

Aisha's POV

Staying in the hospital for a week wasn't my plan. I have a wedding to plan, my wedding. I can't understand why I'm locked up in this cell. Omar has been visiting lately, everyday with pancakes and chocolate syrup. Sometimes he brings my favourite strawberry smoothie. It's strange, how does he know all these things? How does he know that I loved taking whipped cream with strawberry yogurt? How does he know that I prefer taking noodles at night while watching Hannah Montana?

Why is he always checking up on me? According to the doctor, I have amnesia after I had a car accident. I can't remember everything that happened but one thing's for sure, I'm getting married to Yousuf. Unfortunately, I got married to Omar. Not that I remember though, it was narrated by the devil himself. Once, Omar sat next to me and placed his hand on mine. The gesture made me flinch, it's hard to accept that I got married to a man I hated and avoided for so long. His eyes looked down in sadness as he retreated his hands and dropped them by his sides. I watched him turn on the TV and played my favourite Surah. Afterwards, we watched SpongeBob SquarePants in silence.

But today, I'm alone. I take a glance at the clock and anxiously wait for someone to walk in. Subconsciously praying that Omar will. As if on cue, the door opens and he steps in. I smile at him and he smiles back, taking a sit close to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Alhamdulilah, I'm better."

"I brought soup, you want me to feed you?" He stares at the bowl. I haven't been treating him well, he's trying his best to make me become free with him. I kind of have the feeling that he wants me to accept him as my husband. I don't want to, I can't.

How can I fall in love with the man I despise?

How does he want me to accept that I was in a coma and I have amnesia?

How does he want me to walk away from Yousuf and be with him?

"Omar?"

"Yes?" His eyes snaps to mine, care vividly seen in his eyes.

"What happened?"

"What?"

"What lead to the amnesia?"

His beautiful eyes doesn't leave mine, instead it looks deeply into mine. "You had an accident."

I want to know everything. "How did the accident come into the picture. What happened before that? Did we have a fight or something?"

"No." He says a little too sharply. I'm torn between believing him and not. But whatever it is. Insha Allah I would remember. It's so tough missing months of your life.

My belly grumbles in hunger. He brings the spoon to my mouth and I don't object, letting the warm soup cascade down my throat.

"Hmm...delicious." I smile at him. He smiles back, showing his well arranged white teeth.

A soft knock draws my attention.
Yousuf steps in and smiles at me. "Hi."

"Hey." I smile sweetly at the man with grey eyes, the Malik with a good heart. The man I was supposed to be his Mrs. "Have a seat."

He hesitates as he flashes a quick frown at Omar, he on the other side doesn't hide the fact that he's not happy to see him. "What do you want?"

Yousuf challenges by intimidating him with his height. "My visit isn't your business. After all, I'm not the one responsible for this."