Prompt #56

Prompt: Hi Jen! So, what if Ethan is trying to teach baby Newt and baby Cecilia how to say "dad", then Will comes in and teaches the kids to call Ethan "mom". But Newt and Cecilia mixes it up and ends up calling Will "mom" instead.

A.N.- Another continuation of the Will/Ethan family thing :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “You can’t be a stubborn brat forever,” I informed Cecilia.

                “No!” she said.

                “Want to learn how to talk?” I asked her.

                “No!” she said.

                I sighed, bouncing Newt in my arms. Cecilia was sitting on the floor, staring up at me defiantly. She could say certain words, and even phrases. But I wanted her to be able to speak more.

                I looked at Newt and he stared back up at me, blinking blankly. Eh, might as well teach them both how to address me and Will when they needed something. Needy little brats.

                One amazing thing about adulthood was that I had hit a growth spurt during college, and now my toddler daughter wasn’t taller than me. I was now a nifty 5’8” height, and sat down across from Cecilia, balancing Newt in my lap so the baby didn’t fall over.

                “Cecilia, say ‘daddy’,” I encouraged, speaking it slow.

                “Cat,” she said.

                “What? No, I don’t have a cat, I have a hot dog,” I said. “I’m your dad! Not your pet! I would tell you to call me daddy, but that is inappropriate to tell a young lady.”

                “No,” she said.

                “Daddy,” I said, offering her a smile. “Come on Cecilia! Dad!”

                “Are you so lonely that you need to train the children to talk?”

                I jumped in surprise and looked up at Will. I hadn’t heard him come in. He tossed his jacket onto the couch and sat down next to me, kissing me and playfully poking Newt’s cheek.

                “Cecilia, can you say mommy?” Will said, gesturing at me.

                I elbowed him. “Shut up William.”

                “Mom,” Will said, smiling innocently and speaking slow for Cecilia.

                Cecilia pointed at Will. “Mommy!”

                Will’s expression dropped and I burst into laughter. Will scowled at me as Cecilia smiled, pleased with herself.

                “I would hit you if you weren’t holding our kid,” he grumbled.

                “Mommy is abusive,” I told Newt.

                “Ethan!” Will said, his scowl deepening.

                Newt pointed at Will. “Mmm!”

                “Oh god, he’s trying to do it too,” Will groaned.

                Cecilia walked over clumsily, setting herself down in Will’s lap and nuzzling against his chest. “Mommy!”

                “No! Daddy!” Will said hopelessly, putting his arms around her. “Cecilia, it’s daddy!”       

                Cecilia pointed at me. “Daddy!”

                “We’re getting a divorce,” Will said miserably.

                I leaned over and kissed him. “Don’t do anything rash, mommy.”

                He hit me in the arm, carefully of Newt. “I hate you. Why did I marry you? I could’ve married anyone from Hollywood that I wanted, and I got stuck with you.”

                “We’ll fix it. Later. I’m enjoying this,” I said, smirking as Newt watched us curiously.

                “Mmm!” he tried again, pointing at Will.

                “You taught them,” I said with a sweet smile.

                “We are going to sit here and unteach them!” he said.

                I laughed. “Whatever you say, mommy. Whatever you say.”