Chapter 1 - The Phone Call

QUICK WARNING TO NEW READERS THAT THIS BOOK IS SO BAD AND CARROTY AND I KEPT IT FOR THE SAKE OF THE TRIOLOGY BUT IT'S HONESTLY SO BAD, PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER FANFICS, PLEESAAAASSEEE 😂 stop reading, seriously it's so bad

{ TESSA POV }

My name is Tessa. I live with my dad, and only him. He tells me that it's my fault that mum left, but I don't remember her. He tells me a lot of things but he gets angrily easy. One day, he came home drunk, which wasn't unusual. Anger seemed to of radiated off of him as he stumbled over, grabbing me by the shirt and shoving me to the ground. Everything went so fast as he kicked and punched me, incoherent words leaving his mouth. I screamed in pain but he didn't listen, heavy tears falling from my brown eyes.

The next day, I head out in a desperate need to leave this abused home. I decided to go for something simple, something I could do easily. I advertised myself around, telling people I could do anything from walking dogs to babysitting. I even put in that if they provided a house and food, I could live with them so I could do it on a day to day basis. I hid my minimum amount of clothes and items, hiding them into my bag. I then snuck into the garden, into the small shed which had become my small hangout place; unless Greg found me... I waited in the shed, staring at my crappy little brick phone and waited for a phone call, a phone call that never came. My eyelids soon became heavier as I leaned on the wall, my arm wrapped tightly around my bag before I fell asleep, fatigue waving over me like a tsunami.

..........

I soon wake up to my ringtone, hoping it wasn't an alarm of some sort. I quickly answer, clearing my throat.

"Hello?"

"Hello, this is Simon Cowell."

"Nice to speak to you." I stutter, my lack of social skills weighing me down.

"I saw your ad, that it's possible for you to live with the families of sort so wil you babysit a boyband that I'm managing, I'll pay you £1000 a week."

My jaw dropped. £1000! I was thinking I would be lucking with a fiver a week!

"Y-yes! Thank you so much!"

"I have a business meeting in an hour, can you text me your address and I'll send somebody for you."

"Okay! Thank you so much!" I stammer, cupping the phone like I was whispering deadly secrets.

"Goodbye."

The phone clicked shut as I squealed happily. I was finally going to leave the crazy alcoholic who was my dad. I would have the money to finally leave and pay for my education in college! I text my address to the number who called me, making sure everything was spelt right. Now all I had was the wait...

A car soon turns up, a man taking my bag off of me and opened the door for me had a stoi expression, waiting impatiently for me to get in the expensive looking car. I look back at the building I had lived in for eighteen years of my life. I sigh, finally getting in. I place my phone in my bra, unsure where else to place it as my bag was in the boot. When finally there, I was made to push the doorbell of a huge mansion like house. I was afraid I would get a fingerprint on the sparkling doorbell button that looked brand new. The door cracked open.

"Come in! I'm just about to head out to my meeting but I'm sure the boys will show you where everything is!"

I thank him, stepping into the house with m small bag, it soon drops onto the floor, echoing round. This place was huge! The door shut behind me, leaving me to gaze around, everything looked spotless around here, why was my help needed? Suddenly many shouts were heard, a door bursting open and five boys about my age charged through. They stood in front of me, their eyes moving from my scruffed shoes to my bedraggled hair. I look down until the boy wearing a plaid shirt spoke.