• Dear Diary •

Mick and Linda have now been trying for a few weeks to conceive but fail time and time again. After each attempt Mick still asks Linda after trying whether they got any luck, and she keeps saying no to Mick's disappointment, they both try their best to hide their disappointment from one another and the conversations went a little like this.
"Have you had any luck L, have you had any symptoms or.."
"Nope, still nothing, not yet anyways." Disappointment grows on both of their faces
"I'm sure they're still swimming down there L, they're definitely in working order I'm sure of it they...."
"Stop it you." Linda giggles as she interrupts him and playfully slaps his chest.
Mick knowing full well she was putting on a brave face.
Mick gazes at Linda "Oooo I love it when you do that."
"Is that all you love?" Linda says saucily as she fiddles with his buttons on his shirt and bites her lip.
"Well we've gotta get ready to open up soon but I'm sure...kiss...I can spare an extra..kiss.. 20 minutes."
Linda giggles as Mick lowers her down onto the bed and kneels over her.
Linda looks at Mick invitingly, she can't take her eyes off him.
Mick approaches Linda's lips, as they lock eyes frozen in time, hearts racing, pupils dilating
Mick lowers himself on Linda as she grabs the back of his head with her hands.
Their lips connect and Mick begins to move all over her body with his bum wiggling slowly in motion as he smothers her in kisses.
*Window cleaner knocks on the window*
Mick looks up and spots him and Linda whispers, "who's that?" Linda queries as Mick looks up
"It's Darren our window cleaner, look sharpish." Mick says as he stares at Darren
"You alright Daz, it's a beautiful day for that isn't it, I'll just erm, get this on and erm." Mick says as he gets up and puts his trousers on roughly struggling to keep his balance followed by Linda who slips her dressing gown on for quickness.
"You never saw this okay, did you, no, no you didn't."
"A first for everything son." Darren replies.
Mick and Linda look embarrassed for a split second.
"My apologies Darren, on my life."
"Just stop talking and get a move on," Linda hurries Mick and drags him out of their bedroom and shuts the door.
"Did that really just happen?" Linda starts to giggle and Mick follows suit.
"What are yous giggling about then?" asks Tina
"Well we were." *Linda coughs*
"Right..."
"And the window cleaner...."
"Oh my god...he didn't did he.."
Mick and Linda nod
"No way...what Darren, big daz."
"Yes Tina, big daz, daz that scrubs our windows, daz that we see every month of our lives daz."
"It's not funny Teen." Linda says as she giggles slightly.
"Well good luck facing him next time, I should've told you he came really shouldn't I?" Tina responds sarcastically,
"Yes, yes you should've, but you're a bit late now aren't you so off you pop." Mick sarcastically exclaims
Tina laughs as she heads downstairs
Mick checks his watch "Okay well I'm on shift this morning so I've gotta pop down and set up."
"You don't have to go already do you." Linda whinges
"Sorry baby I'll be back at my lunch break ... kiss ... just put the new Mamma Mia on in the meantime or something." Linda smiles
"Yeah yeah maybe I will actually." Linda twirls and Mick walks towards the stairs
"Ark at you dancing queen."
"Young and sweet only 17."
"Oh you know it, the stamina you have..gosh it's fabulous..keeps me lively..." Linda looks saucily at him as he wanders down the stairs and he smiles.
.....

Later on Linda joins Mick behind the bar
"I was thinking er...later on we could, ya know." Mick exclaims.
"I ain't in the mood." Linda huffs and has a sad face on.
"Well you were earlier..." Mick scans for listeners "...we have unfinished business L."
Linda doesn't respond.
"What's that face for." Mick questions Linda's low mood
"Why did they have to kill Donna off though...Mick sighs she always brings this up after watching it...like Meryl Streep is Mamma Mia like who even thought that up for crying out loud, poor Sophie, poor Sam, and the ending you know like what's that about, bringing her back as a ghost, breaking hearts across the country...tryna finish me off they are." Linda finally comes up for air.
"You finished yeah?"
"Oh thanks for your sympathy Mick, I appreciate it I really do, you could just show a bit of interest for once." Linda says
They pause for a sec before Mick breaks it,
"Anyways I'm sure I can..." Mick strokes Linda long locks behind her ears "improve your mood later." Mick says as her puts his arm around her
"Haven't you been listening to a word of what I've just said." Linda snaps as she whips her head round, takes Mick's arm off her and walks back up the stairs to Mick's confusion, he knew there was more to her mood that just a film.
...

Mick finishes his shift and returns up to the bedroom to see to Linda, Linda turns to the noise of his footsteps.
"You okay baby." Mick says softly as he begins to undo his belt and trousers.
Linda smiles and looks at him in response "Busy shift?"
"Yeah yeah not too bad quite lively down there babe." Mick replies,
"Listen L earlier I..."
"I was out of order Mick, I shouldn't have snapped at you, I just...I have a lot on my mind ya know, with this whole baby thing and..."
"I know..." Mick says as he undoes his shirt buttons and a break in convo occurs as Mick looks at his wife's down face before sliding in bed next to her and turning to her and begins stroking her face
"I know how much we both want this don't we." Linda doesn't respond
"You still want this don't you?"
"Course I do, there's nothing I want more than having another baby with the man I love, I just don't feel very optimistic that's all."
"Where's all this coming from ey?"
Mick takes her face with both of his hands to add reassurances.
"We just gotta stay positive yeah, keep the faith and all that, if anyone can do it we can, yeah?" Mick says cheekily.
"Yeah, yeah you're right." Linda smiles acknowledging the amount of time they spend making love.
"It just means more cheeky nights in with my gorgeous wife." Mick wipes away her tears before Linda smiles faintly.
"Come on, come here." Mick ushers Linda into a snuggle.
"Nothing better than spending time snuggling my beautiful wife, ey?" Mick kisses her cheek delicately.
"Agreed." Linda says as she snuggles her head into his chest, and they spoon throughout the night, intertwined in each other.