• A Romantic Night for Two •

As she gazes across the scenery of the rooftop she spots fairy lights which are hanging up around the perimeter of the roof along with the lit up 'M & L' sign from their vow renewal. A heart outline shape is constructed on the floor with the use of many many candles and the romantic setting is finished with flurries of red hearts.Who's standing right in the middle of all this? Her gorgeous husband, standing there in Linda's favourite shirt and waistcoat combo staring in awe at his beautiful wife. Whilst Linda is holding the red rose in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other, she is completely speechless.
"So..what'd think?" Mick queries his wife.
"You did all of this for me?"
Mick just gazes back at her without nothing but a glint in his eye and smiles. "Yeah, I thought I'd put up the old sign over there, yano make it special for you."
"I don't know what to say...I...this is beautiful Mick." Linda says as she gazes around. Taking her surroundings in.
"You're beautiful." Mick romantically replies as Linda goes all soft, touched by his words she places the items on the bench and slowly approaches Mick.
"Just when I thought I couldn't love you anymore..."
Mick goes soft as Linda stands face to face with him as they look into each other's eyes.
"You deserve it..." "cos you're amazing, just the way you are." Mick sings along to the song as he strokes the side of her face.
"Oh and I may have a little surprise for you later."
Linda chuckles to herself.
"What did I do to deserve you ey? "
Mick sweeps her hair away from her face behind her ears and caresses her face with his hand.
"You'll do anything for someone you love won't ya."
Linda goes soft.
"I love you Mick Carter." Linda puts her fingers through his beard
"I love you too Mrs Carter."
They approach each other's lips softly and indulge on each other for around a minute twisting each other's heads accordingly, along with tight grabbing of the back of their heads and backs before they slowly release from each other's lips, still breathing heavily as they head touch for a few seconds, both unaware of the fireworks that are catapulted into the sky.
A fireworks noise interrupts their head touch and they both pause to look up at the sky.
"What the..."
Linda looks at Mick who is looking at the sky smiling.
"You didn't have anything to do with this did ya."
Linda says as she points to the sky.
"Well." Mick says as he wraps his arm around his wife and Linda snuggles into his chest
"The surprise."
"Yeah." Mick replies softly
"I love it."
The initial fireworks are then followed by a heart firework as it explodes in the sky.
"Oh Mick this is the most beautiful thing anyone's ever done for me." Linda snuggles into Mick.
"Well, I can be romantic sometimes yano."
"I know you can." Linda replies in the most softest tone and rubs his chest as the fireworks end.
*Song changes to Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran*
"We did our first dance to this didn't we." Linda says softly.
"Yeah we did, that was magical that."
"Even with your two left feet."
"Yep even with my two left feet." Mick smiles down at Linda and untwines from the wrap hug and holds his hand out.
"Come on."
Mick beckons her to join and Linda slips her hand into his. Mick leads her into the candle outlined heart and as they enter it Mick eases her closer to him as she rests her head on him. As he places his arms on the top of her back as they slowly begin to rock to the music romantically. They barely say a word to each other the entire time and just enjoy each other's company, there's nowhere they'd rather be than in each other's arms.
....

The song finishes and Mick leads Linda to the bench on the rooftop overlooking the square and lays a blanket across them as they stare into the distance, both upright with Mick's arm around the back of Linda.
"So L, have you enjoyed your night."
"I've loved it, you really are a dream of a husband aren't you."
Mick giggles "Wellll I do me best... you're not so bad yourself Mrs Carter."
They both giggle and Linda playfully slaps his chest. They pause a while without saying a word before Mick breaks the silence.
"Everything's gonna be alright? Mick reassures her and  kisses her forehead.
"As long as we have each other we'll be okay Mick." Linda reinforces Mick's thoughts.
"Exactly, and whatever the outcome, you know I'll be there don't you."
Linda nods before breaking a smile
"Come here baby." Mick says as he gestures for Linda to lean on him so he can comfort her, Linda shuffles up and leans her head on him and her feet up in the opposite end as Mick starts to stroke her head.
"I'm just worried that's all."
"I know, we'll just take one day as it comes."
Mick continues to stroke Lindas head and comforts her.
"In the meantime we can just relax, watch the stars, and enjoy being away from the hustle and bustle of downstairs." Mick exclaims.
"Just the two of us." Linda replies.
"Yeah."
They relax in each other's company just staring up at the stars, away from the bar and others, just enjoying their time together. They stay there until the early hours with no cares in the world, eating the box of chocolates.
As the night draws on Linda drifts off in Micks lap so Mick slowly gets up trying not to wake her and lifts her up like a baby making sure the blanket was still wrapped around her, keeping her cosy. Mick carries Linda down the stairs like a baby to their bedroom for the night as she drifts off, the blanket wrapped around her
Mick then returns upstairs to blow out all the candles and bring the speaker back down before he follows Linda in drifting off, wrapping his arms over her side throughout the duration of the night...