Chapter Twenty Four.

Kanda's nose twitched when the scent of salt water hit his sensitive nostrils. Whipping his head to the side, he tore his gaze from the window just in time to see a blonde guy pass his Math class.

His eyes narrowed and gaze flickered to Lavi to see the rabbit also watching the doorway, his eyes calculating.

At that, Kanda felt his hackles raise, there was only a few creatures that carried the scent of salt water and as far as he knew, one of them, mermaids, didn't really care for much human Interactions, and they were far from Japan for it to be a kappa.

That means it must be.

"Kelpie." Lavi whispered quietly under his breath, making sure no one else but Kanda heard him.

Kanda fought down a snarl that wanted to rip past his lips, Kelpies ate humans, why the fuck was one walking around like he owned the school.

"I have a bad feeling about this." He muttered quietly, he saw Lavi nod out of the corner of his eye.

"I know, I'll call Alma and Lenalee, Daisya is already with Marie, we'll keep an eye on him." Lavi paused in his whispering, his head tilted to the side as something came to his mind.
"Yuu-Chan... What if he's here with the Noahs, you know as much as I do that they have had creatures working with them in the past."

Kanda felt his entire body stiffen at that and nearly cursed himself for not realizing it soon. What the hell he was thinking, he could-.

Shit..

"Fuck." He cursed, still whispering.
"Usagi... Allen's pregnant.. Fuck.. Fuck..."

"Relax," Lavi hissed.
"Class is about to end in five minutes as soon as the bell rings, we're gonna find him."
He eyed Kanda's tensed form and prayed for the Bell to ring soon.

"You know." Miranda smiled, looking at Allen across from her, hurriedly scribbling down the notes he had missed.
"Now that you're expecting, you're kinda glowing Allen."

The sliver haired boy looked up from where he was busy muttering to himself and writing to smile at his best friend.
"Seriously?." He laughed, leaning back in one of the garden benches.
"Dad, told me that too."
He was smiling fondly at how Neah fawned over him just this morning.

"So how did it go with his dad?." She asked.

Allen smiled beautifully at her and she felt her heart melt.
"It was amazing! The castle was really huge and gorgeous, and His siblings were great." He paused so giggle a bit.
"His dad cried like a baby though,"

Miranda laughed softly, leaning forward to grasp his hand in hers and squeezed gently.
"I'm happy for you Allen, you're getting a second chance to have a family."

He sniffles, fingers clutching back at hers.
"Thank you Miranda." Geez, why does his friends and Yuu like to make him emotional?.

Miranda open her mouth to respond, her words didn't make it past her lips however as a body dropped besides Allen and wrapped a Arm his shoulders.

"Ah, so you're the source of that delicious smell." A rough voice purred, causing Allen to stiffen.

His entire body became stiff, the hairs raising all over his being, behind his neck, his arms and legs.

His mind screaming one thing.

Danger. Danger, Danger!!.

He pushed the arm off him and scooted back just as Miranda sent a blast of magic towards the unknown male. He hurriedly scrambled to reach Miranda's side, who still had her arm raised and a fierce glare on her pretty face, eyes hard and unforgiving on the groaning man on the ground.