iv.

you will survive this.

every day you get out of bed, even though every bone in your body is begging to stay in bed and let the sheets swallow you up.

he broke your heart, and that isn't a metaphor, i know you can feel you heart breaking between your ribs.

you loved him and you trusted him and he didn't even give you a real reason why.

but i need you to know that nothing that you could have possibly done could give him license for the way he has treated you since leaving you.

you were together for two years, that type of relationship deserves respect even when it is over.

you don't need to defend him anymore, that isn't your job.

you're allowed to think he is an asshole, that doesn't mean he was an asshole the whole time; it means he has changed.

you have to separate who he was within your relationship from who he is with his friends now.

people tell you that there are plenty more fish in the sea.

and i know that the thought of opening up to another person is overwhelming.

because while there may be plenty of fish in the sea, all you can see are sharks circling.

just because the one you loved turned into a shark, doesn't mean everyone after him will be out for blood.

trust that in time your wounds will heal.

[ song ; u're mine - kina ft. shiloh ]