viii.

for the boy who tried to kill himself

1. please hold on. if not for yourself, do it for me. hold on for sunsets over the ocean and snow-covered roof tops. if not for yourself, hold on to the lazy days of summer and ice cold dr. pepper. hold on for spontaneous afternoon walks and for the love of god, hold on for stand-up comedy on netflix.

2. you won't feel this way forever. it will get better. one day you will wake up and it won't hurt to get out of bed. one day you'll be so tired but can't fall asleep because you're smiling too much. soon you will feel so unstoppable that you'll call everyone and tell them that you made it. one day you will blink and see the world in new colours.

3. no days are perfect. you can't expect perfection. you are going to burn your toast and forget about an assignment. you are going to forget their birthday and they're going to forget yours. perfection is foreign to me, but maybe i'll finish this stanza if i figure it out.

4. for the love of god, this is not your fault. you are a masterpiece; the only things wrong with you are the things people are too dense to understand. your mental illness does not mean that you are broken. sometimes the wear in something beautiful puts that much more meaning into it.

5. burnt toast isn't that bad.

[ song ; save me - xxxtentacion ]