xxxi.

things to remember when you're sad that are so important (a list for myself, and maybe you, too):

• emotions come and go like fog. this will pass. you are strong. you've done this before. you've been here before.

• it's okay to buy fancy soap or nice smelling lotion or a comfy new sweater or whatever makes you feel better right now.

• sleeping, eating, drinking water, and trying to be active (even if that means walking up the stairs to brush your teeth) are victories. celebrate that shit. remember what you can do, not what you can't.

• there are still great little things to relish in like when dogs stretch or the flowers outside your door or the way the sun feels on your face.

• even though you want to be alone, there are people who love and care about you. reach out to them. you are not a burden.

• remember to do things that you love, even if you can't feel anything right now. keep building momentum.

• it's okay to take time and be still and quiet. it's okay to feel bad for yourself or take time to be sad. don't feel guilty for being human. don't feel pressure to do anything beyond existing sometimes.

take care of yourself because you're important

[ song ; saturday nights - khalid  ]