NIVADELLIR

A FEW HOURS AGO- NIVADELLIR

Rocket is in the pod, and Thor, without any environmental suit, jumps from the hull onto the ring surface with a cable in his hand attached to the pod.

Rocket quickly points out the facts. "I don't think you get the scientifics here. These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving, you're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank 'em loose."

Thor stands up. "Leave that to me."

Rocket chuckles. "Leave that to you? Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a rope and a-"

Thor begins to swing the pod around him in a circle. Rocket screams. Thor builds up speed with three good loops then slacks his grip enough to send the pod shooting straight away from Nidavellir, trailing him behind it like a kite tail. "Fire the engines!"

Rocket shakes it off and puts the proverbial pedal to the metal. "Nnnyah!"

As the pod skims over the surface of the next ring out, Thor reaches down and digs one hand into the surface, then both feet, finally getting a foothold against the forward motion of the pod. The ice-like accumulation around the ring axis crackles. "MORE... POWER... RABBIT!"

Thor's shirt starts to tear apart while Rocket accelerates for all he's worth. Finally, the rings spin free, realigning into an effective configuration as the star bursts back into life.

Eitri from the bottom cheers. "Well done, boy."

Thor, clutching the pod's forward windows, points to the star. "That's Nivadellir!"

Rocket gazes amazed at the blazing core. An iris on the cladding around the star opens, firing pure stellar heat through the ring portals and into the forge... until the damaged mechanism fails, crumbles loose and slams shut. The iris closes and the beam of light trails off.

Eitri slightly stomps and whispers underneath his breath. "Damn it."

Rocket, at this point, is scared and confused. "Damn it"? What's "damn it"?

"The mechanism is crippled." Eitri points out.

Thor's once happy face disappears. "What?" "With the iris closed, I can't heat the metal." Eitri sighs. Thor thinks for a while and finally says. "How long will it take to heat?" Eitri looks at him. "A few minutes, maybe more. Why?" Thor stands up on the pod hull. "I'm gonna hold it open." "That's suicide." Thor snorts. "So is facing Thanos without that axe." Then he leaps from the pod to the star's iris.