LXXXVI.

INT. MOON RESIDENCES — 11 PM

Open the door!

Hoy, magpatulog ka—Zeus!?

Yvanna, where is Hera!? Ara told me about what happened earlier. Is she okay!?

Gago, Malvar! 'Di ba sabi ko sa'yo kapag sinaktan mo si Hera, ipapa-ban kita sa buong Espanya? Paano ka nakaakyat!? Hindi ka pa ba blacklisted sa guestlist ni Hera!?

Yvanna, please... just let me see her. Kahit sandali lang.

Nagpapahinga na si Hera. She's stressed out, okay!? And she's still nursing her wounds from your ex.

Wounds!?

Oo, bingi ka!? Puro kalmot si Hera no'ng umuwi rito last week. Ang lalalim! Mayro'n pa sa likod.

I... I didn't know that she got hurt as well. Fuck.

Now you know. Your ex is sly as a snake, Zeus. If she touches my best friend again, sisilaban ko kayong dalawa ng buhay! Pasalamat ka med students kami! Sino na lang mag-aalaga kay Hera!?

M-may I... may I see her?

Sige. Halika! Natutulog sa kwarto si Hera pero tignan mo ginawa niyo sa kaibigan ko.

Are these gauzes her wounds? Tsaka... parang pumayat lalo si Hera.

Oo. Tinakpan ko kasi baka ma-infect. Hm, hindi kasi masyadong kumakain lately. Laging walang gana.

Alam mo, iyak nang iyak si Hera no'ng umuwi rito. That was the first time that I saw her cry again. Hindi na 'yan umiyak pagkatapos noong libing ng daddy niya.

You know, Zeus... my best friend has always been this brave girl. A masochist, even. Ayaw n'yan tigilan si Cronos noon kahit lagi na lang pinapasama loob niya. Until you came. You made her very happy. She started singing in the shower again. Gigising sa umaga, nakangiti. I knew then that it was just right that she was with you. And I know that you did not hurt her on purpose.

But you see, she is very vulnerable even tough she acts like a tough cookie. Hindi niya aaminin 'yon kasi ayaw niyang magmukhang kawawa pero at the end of the day, I know she's just scared to lose the people that she loves.

And for her, she lost you that night.

I'm sorry, Yvanna. I... I'm really, really sorry. I'm trying to fix this.

Maybe not now, Zeus. I don't think she's ready. Just know that the only time Hera ever lied to you was when she told you that she had two exes. She had none. She liked a few guys, yes, but she only loved you. Remember that.

Yvanna...

Oh, and one more thing? Don't say sorry to me. You owe that to her.