Chapter 1

Every morning at six, Anne Frey wakes up to Sonata No. 14. By Beethoven. It's a five minute and fifteen second song which gives her enough time to look at herself in the mirror and study every aspect of her aging skin before showering.

She preferred the song to play on repeat all morning long through her rigorous morning routine. It added a well guided tone as she cleansed and moisturized her face with the best products she could get her hand's on.

Crème de la Mer was the only face cream she used. Anything cheap would break her out, or leave her skin looking wrinkly and worn. At least that's what she assumed would happen.

She wouldn't ever give her body a chance to soak in a cheap product.

Letting her fingers run over the puffiness of her eyes, she put her products back onto the shelf in their proper places. They were never to move or be switched. That is their place.

In the fridge she kept a cucumber pad ready for the mornings that her eyes decide to not cooperate. It stayed on while she stood in her color-coded closet and decided what to wear. It's not a hard decision for her. A plain pantsuit with little to no color was her go to. Sometimes she even opted for a tie.

It didn't look masculine on her however; it showed her curves and accentuated the lipstick that she would soon be putting on. Her femininity shined through the way she dressed, especially when her five inch heels rotated on its shelf to be worn. Her outfit was fit for her life, an important day job that never seemed to stay just in the day. She liked it that way though, working on Wall-street and being the boss was everything she had wanted and more.

Her make up routine always felt excruciatingly long because of her need to get all her details right. Nothing on her face needed to be out of place.

Even the curls on her head were brushed into submission and told where to lay.

Her golden smart watch contrasted with her olive skin and the diamond earrings shined to move peoples attention away from anything else on her.

By the time she was ready to go, she didn't need to worry about coffee or breakfast because she knew as she grabbed her briefcase that all of that would be on her desk when she walked into her office.

A large office on one of the top floors of the bank's building. It had a view of all the shorter buildings which was just what she wanted.

"They didn't have your usual egg white muffin so I opted for the yolk." Her Assistant Mattie scurried beside her and flipped through all the paperwork she tried to maneuver in her hand.

"How the hell do they not have egg whites?" Anne stopped walking down the long hallway and turned her head to her assistant who only gulped and shrugged. Sighing, the brown headed boss continued on her journey, making sure everyone on her floor was working appropriately. No one needed to be out of place.

"I also got in touch with floor three, they said the contract was already approved by the lawyer." Opening the door to her bosses office Mattie ran to scoot out the chair and push it back in as the older woman sat down. "Would you like me to set up a meeting with them?"

Staring down at her breakfast sandwich that showed a yellow yolk hanging to the side Anne scrunched her face and pushed it to the side. "Of course I want a meeting, I approve the contract before the lawyer." Grabbing her coffee and sniffing it she took a small sip before rolling her eyes and putting it back down. "This isn't right Mattie."

"I'll go out and fetch a new breakfast for you Ms. Frey." Her assistant smiled kindly, not seeming to be bothered at the extra work. "I'll have your calls transferred to Karen until I get back."