Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The moment I entered our house, that's when I could breath normally. Mama's not here yet as well as Ate Mavis. I sighed and headed my way towards the kitchen since I'm starving.

Walang lutong pagkain, so I opted to eat bread with Nutella spread, and drank a glass of water before heading upstairs.

I want to busy myself so I don't get to think of what Clajj have said earlier. So, I pack my things and choose an outfit to wear for tomorrow. Patapos na ako sa ginagawa nang tumunog ang cellphone ko. It's a call from Owen so I answered it and we talked for a while.

He asked me if when will we return to Manila, so I answered him the truth, and I could feel excitement in his voice when he told me that he can't wait to see me tomorrow. I suddenly felt uncomfortable when he said I love you. I feel like it is an excuse, I don't know... it's just felt so off on my side. Instead of reciprocating what he said, I thought of an alibi just to end the call.

I heave a sigh of relief and continue doing my things. It was around eight in the evening when Mama arrived and brought food.

"Mama, si Ate Mavis po, kailan uuwi?" Mahinahon kong tanong matapos uminom ng tubig.

"Mamaya pa siguro, anak. She texted me that she'll eat dinner in Halcyon's Escape and Escapade."

"Ah, okay." I only nodded and guided a spoonful food in my mouth.

After dinner, I volunteered to wash the dishes since I know Mama is tired from travelling. Hindi na ako nagtaka nang magpaalam siya na tutungo na sa kwarto. I finished washing the dishes, and decided to stay in the living room to wait for Ate Mavis' arrival. Nanood ako ng romance-action movie habang kumakain ng chocolate.

It's quarter to eleven when I heard an engine of the car, so I deliberately walked outside of our house. Sinalubong ko si Ate Mavis at base sa mukha niya ay sobra siyang nag-enjoy sa kung saan man siya nagpunta.

She keeps on blabbering that she met Claudien Cordova and Kristoffer Lavega, and how she compliments them. Hanggang sa nakahiga na kami sa kama ko ay iyon parin ang bukambibig ni Ate.

Next day came and I woke up earlier to help Mama prepare for breakfast. Narito na ang driver na maghahatid sa amin sa Kalibo, at ang isang katiwala ni Papa para tumulong sa amin at para maglinis ng bahay kapag tuluyan na kaming nakaalis.

Around seven in the morning, we're already set to leave Rio de Janiero. All of our things were in the back. Mama's in the passenger seat, and Ate Mavis and I are in the back.

I'm wearing a black fitted dress, and brown leather jacket, then pair it with my white sneakers. Ate Mavis' wearing a maroon lace dress in cold shoulders and white sandals.

Our ride to Kalibo was fast yet smooth. We waited on the airport's waiting area for thirty minutes before we finally entered the plane.

We arrived in Manila at twelve-thirty in the afternoon. Sinundo kami ng driver ni Papa sa airport kaya madali kaming nakauwi sa bahay. I also informed Leigh and Owen that I've arrived.

Owen immediately called me after I sent him the text. He wanted to see me, so I agreed with him, but I told him will do that later since I felt dizzy from the flight.

Pagkarating namin ng bahay, nadatnan namin si Papa at Navee na komportableng nakaupo sa sofa sa sala. Ate Mavis kissed Papa on the cheeks, and when it's my turn to do so, Papa distance his face to dodge it.

I kept the bitterness to myself. Of course, I'm hurt. I really thought that Papa wanted space in order to ease his anger towards me, that's also the reason why I agreed to spend my holiday vacation in Antique, but it seems to me that Papa's anger only got worse.