Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I don't know if I should be thankful or what, but Navee seems true to her words this time. Neither, I. Navee managed to cover the scratches in her body due to that hair-pulling fight with Ashiana, and since she's Papa's favorite, it's easy for her to reason out which Papa undoubtedly accepted.

This week feels like hell to me as I prepare to review for the upcoming final exams. The teachers gave us some pointers, but I'm already used for the fact that most of our exam items are identification. Of course, I've burned the midnight oil to study. As the exam day came, my knees trembles like any moment I'll lose my balance. Maging si Leigh ay namumutla rin. We all know that we studied hard, it's just that, exams can be surprising often times.

As we enter the room, all of our bags are in front, we're left with our clean paper, pens, and correction tapes. Then our teacher— which is also our examiner, starts giving the questionnaire. With that, as if an obvious cue, the exam started and once found out cheating, your exam paper will be doomed.

"Nakakaloka! Parang sasabog ang utak ko sa dami ng iso-solve!" Pagrereklamo ni Leigh habang pumipila kami sa cafeteria.

This is the last day of our exam. I silently agree with Leigh, and now she's starting to rant about the exams on other subject. Nandiyan lang ako sa tabi niya na nakikinig. Naki-share kami sa ibang estudyante na kumakain sa long table.

Fortunately, our table is across where Owen and his friends are. Minute by minute, he'll glance to my direction and smile sweetly. I blushed and continued eating my food, and when he stared texting me, I couldn't take my eyes off the phone.

"Nach, tara na, may next exam pa." Ani Leigh at kinuha ang tray na pinaglagyan ng pagkain para ibalik sa counter.

We continue our day and review our notes for ten minutes before the last two exams starts in jiff. After the exam, I immediately head home to rest since I've been depriving myself of sleep lately. Pagdating ko ng bahay ay walang tao at naisipan kong kumain muna bago umakyat ng kwarto. I took a bath, and done what I wanted.

I got stirred from sleep and as I glanced at clock on my bedside table, it's already six in the evening. No wonder, my surrounding was slightly dark as well as the outside. I climbed off my bed and fixed myself before stepping outside my room. It was also a timing since our housemaid was about to knock.

"Ano po 'yon?" Mahinahon kong tanong.

"Ma'am Nachi, pinapatawag po kayo ng Papa niyo sa library."

Napatango ako, "Sige po, pupunta na ako roon."

My knees tremble in an instant, my deep yet suppressed breath can be heard. I'm damn nervous of what I'm about to witness in the library, is it okay to feel this scared?

I entered the library. Akala ko kung may pasa or sakit ng loob na naman akong mararamdaman kapag lumabas ako rito, pero gulantang ako sa sunod na itinanong ni Papa.

"Did you ace the exam, right?"

I took a deep breath, "I don't know since the results for the exam isn't disclose yet, Papa. But I assure you that I've done my best to answer each exam's item, and I'm confident of it."

Papa only nodded, but the intimidating vibe was still there. In front of Papa, there's a pile of papeworks, which I'm sure are affiliated with our business.

"I'm going to have a business trip in Vancouver and my flight is tomorrow. Inform your mother about it, but you'll be the one to send me off tomorrow."

"Okay, Papa." I only said because I know I couldn't decline. In fact, it's a statement, not a question. So whether I want it or not, I'll be the one sending Papa off tomorrow.