Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I was seriously looking at the screen of my laptop, still mesmerized. I didn't know that too much browsing leads me to Clajj's Facebook account. I was shocked that it's been ten weeks since he sent the friend request, and up 'til now, queue for confirmation.

I almost cursed myself when I accidentally clicked the confim button as Ate Mavis suddenly stormed in my room. I immediately closed my laptop and hid it under my pillow.

Ate Mavis sat on the ottoman. She looked at me dearly before heaving a sigh. "Do you want me to go with you?"

I shook my head and a small smile crept my lips. My flight to Kalibo is in three days from now. Even though I'm scared to be alone, at the same time, I don't want to be a burden to my family.

"There's no need, Ate Mavis. You have work to do here so it's okay and I understand that. I think I can manage to go home alone, don't worry too much about me."

Napag-isip isipan ko rin na baka tama ang desisyon ni Papa na doon muna ako. I need to heal from my mother's death, I need to breathe. Kasi kung dito ako, baka maiisip ko lagi si Mama at dumoble pa ang sakit.

Mahigpit akong niyakap ni Ate Mavis. Walang nagsalita sa amin hanggang sa naramdaman ko na basa ang kaliwang balikat ko.

"I'll miss you so much, Nach. It's like this home wasn't lively as it is without you and Mama."

I chuckle softly while tears escaping my eyes. "I'll miss you too, Ate Mavis. But don't worry, I'll be gone for a while, and I assure you that I'll return here in Manila."

I wiped my tears and the moment our eyes met, both of us laughed hard. Kumalas si Ate Mavis sa yakap at tumayo. My brows furrowed when she lend her hand to me, "Let's go, I'll treat a full body massage, manicure and pedicure, and hair salon."

I looked at her with doubt, "So, you really plan this?"

Ate grinned mischievously but eventually shrugged, "Come on, change your clothes. I already made a reservation."

Wala akong nagawa kundi ang pagbigyan siya. We've gone to the place where she booked a reservation and done things she mentioned. My medium dark brown hair is naturally silky and straight, so instead of doing such on my hair, I only opted to cut it to bra-strap length.

After that, Ate Mavis invited me to go shopping with her. As expected, she bought clothes for me, exactly just like her fashion style. Sa isang french restaurant kami kumain ng early dinner, at nang makarating kami sa bahay ay dumiretso ako sa kwarto para magpahinga.

The day of my flight came. I woke up early even though my flight is at ten. Bumaba ako para tumulong sa mga kasambahay sa paghanda ng almusal. The housemaids were surprised to see me entering the kitchen, but I just  smiled at them and volunteered to cook fried rice.

I jumped in glee when one of our housemaids cooked my favorite, chicken and pork adobo. So when they announce that breakfast is ready, I gain appetite and eat almost two plates.

Nagtatakang tumingin si Ate Mavis sa akin. Even Navee and Papa was surprised of my sudden appetite yet they didn't said at thing.

After breakfast, I excused to ready myself. I took a bath, and wore flared jeans and black square neck top in mesh puff sleeves. I somehow manage to conceal my eyebags, and apply lipstick on my pale lips.

Kinuha ko na ang hand bag at hinila ang dalawang suitcase. I glanced at my remaining baggages, I still have two suitcases and a large box. I hope I'll received those within three days after I arrive in Antique.

Tinulungan ako ng mga kasambahay sa pagbaba ng suitcase ko. Ate Mavis' already in the living room, as well as the other housemaids.

Natatawa akong napailing nang magtama ang tingin namin ni Ate Mavis. "Ate please stop crying, I'm leaving to study, it's not like I'll totally be gone. In fact you said you'll pay a visit, right? So don't cry please, you're smudging your make up."