Chapter 33

Chapter 33

True enough, Clajj explained the details I need. He showed me the blueprint and answered some of my queries. May pool na gagawin sa gilid, maging ang pintura ng bahay ay iibahin, at may gagawing expansion. May itatayong greenhouse sa likod na ilang metro lang ang layo mula sa mismong bahay.

I have this hunch that Papa will give this house to Ate Mavis.

"C-can I talk to your architect?" I asked him with hesitation, and his brows furrowed, so I fed his curiosity. "I wanted to talk with your architect because I will have my room renovated."

"Why look for one when I'm already here? I'm also able to do the plan." Clajj calmly said, and I looked at him, wondering if he's serious. He just shrugged and smirked a bit, "Oh, come on, Miss Gallegos, as if you don't know me."

The way he address me, it stinges my heart. This only means that he's moved on, no hang-ups on the relationship we had... he's just totally okay now.

I smiled to hide the pain and nodded as I realized something. "Right, you're capable of doing that. But I want to discuss it with a female architect, though if there's no one available, it's fine with me if you'll plan my room, Engineer Montessori."

Clajj looked stunned. He remained staring at me for a moment, then eventually averted his eyes and swallowed hard. "Fine, I'll update you once I find a female architect on my company."

"Okay, thank you."

"This conversation seems done. If you would excuse me, I'll return to my work since we still have a lot to finish." He said in a formal way, yet I could sense the coldness and a boundary.

He stood up, and I was just watching his back as he walked away. Tears formed my eyes, and I had to run to my room even before it trickled down my face.

I don't even know what these tears are for! But in the end, I guess I'm making myself clown out of it. It's obvious... Nach, you still have feelings for that damn Montessori.

His eyes don't glisten as it was before. And I understand why it has to be that way. It seems like he doesn't care anymore even if I got hurt by words and actions.

Ako naman kasi talaga ang may kasalanan. Siguro ay karma ko na 'to?

I've been carrying this guilt for those whole years. My what ifs about him could possibly expend my notebook. I never meant to leave him, it's just that during those times, I was left with no choice. I knew I left such casualities to Clajj that can't be compensated.

And if he happens to find the woman to spend the rest of his life with, I'll accept it with a smile. He deserves it so much.

I don't know long I stayed crying over Clajj. Nang mahimasmasan ay pumailalim ako sa shower para kumalma. Mugto ang mata ko at hindi ko alam kung paano itatago 'yon. Nagpalit ako ng damit at nang bumaba ako ay nakasagupa ko si Clajj.

Curiosity was evident in his eyes, maybe wondering why my eyes were puffy.

Nagpatuloy parin ako sa pagbaba ng hagdan at nilagpasan siya. Kung hindi ako aalis ng bahay para makalanghap ng sariwang hangin at makapag-isip, siguradong magmumukmok ako sa kwarto habang umiiyak.

I don't want to dwell with the failed relationship I had with him. Hindi lang talaga ako nakamove-on sa kaniya kahit pitong taon pa ang nakalipas. When I felt peace while sitting by the seashore, I stayed there until the sun had descended below the horizon.