Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"We're surely separate this way..." The sadness in Leigh's voice dominated. She smiled weakly at me and I could see the tears forming her eyes. "Parang kanina lang tayo nagkita tapos aalis na agad ako."

I chuckled to contain myself from tearing up. "Si Leigh talaga parang tanga, magkikita pa naman tayo! Kung hindi man, pwedeng magvideo call and other means to communicate with you."

"Basta Nach, mag-ingat ka dito ha? In times of need, I'm one call away. I'm all ears if you wanna share something with me." She formally uttered as if waiting for my response. "I know that you're struggling right now, but someday you'll look back and know the exact reason why it had to happen in your life. Thanks for the new memories, Nach. I love you."

"I love you too, Leigh." I smiled sweetly and genuinely. "Thank you for coming and spending your time with me. Kung may problema ka, sabihin mo rin sa akin dahil handa akong damayan ka. Thank you for sharing and trusting me regarding the matter with your family."

As I hugged Leigh, I didn't noticed that the tears ang pooling down my face. I will surely miss her, she's that special and the bond between us is something that couldn't be broken, thus will certainly grew stronger through time.

Ako ang naunang kumalas sa yakap at pinunasan ang luha niya. Good thing she didn't wear any make-up or else she'll look like going to a Halloween party.

"See you again, Leigh. Take care of yourself when you get there, most importantly, have a safe sky."

Matamis siyang ngumiti bago tumalikod sa akin at naglakad palayo hanggang sa hindi ko na makita ang bulto niya.

Ilang minuto pa akong nanatili sa airport bago tuluyang nagpasyang bumalik ng hotel para mag-impake ng gamit. Hindi ko kasi nagawang mag-ayos kanina dahil tinulungan ko si Leigh sa mga gamit niya.

I already had my early lunch, so after packing my stuff, I came down to the first floor to order something light and refreshing food. I have plenty of time since Clajj will just notify me if they're already done.

Bandang alas dos ng hapon ay bumalik ako sa hotel room ko para maligo. I want to freshen myself up, even though there's no assurance if we'll ride a cab or via jeepney to reach Mohon Terminal.

I wore an olive green button down, tucked in my denim jean, and finished my outfit with airforce shoes. I let my hair to dry before tying it into low ponytail using my satin scrunchie.

My phone vibrated and I took that as cue to double-check if I left something, then exited the hotel room. Hindi ko matago-tago ang ngiti ko sa tuwing naalala ang nangyari kagabi.

I mean, Clajj told me he love me! And that's a big deal in my perspective! It's because I haven't told that to any guys I used to have relationship then. Hanggang sa 'gusto kita' lang ang linyahan ko.

Namataan ko agad si Clajj nang makalabas ako ng elevator. He's comfortably sitting on the sofa, looking calm as his eyes never left his phone, and not bothered by the stares of women throwing on him.

I smiled and walked near him. Naramdaman niya ang presensiya ko kaya napatingin siya sa gawi ko. Ngumiti siya at tumayo para salubungin ako.

"Kanina ka pa ba rito?" Marahan kong tanong at iling lang ang tinugon niya. "Wait lang, magche'check out lang ako."

Clajj nodded and took the duffel bag from me. Naglakad na ako papunta sa reception area at medyo nailang ako sa paraan ng pagngiti sa aking ng receptionist, pero kalaunan ay na-gets ko kung bakit siya ganiyan.

"Ma'am, would you mind if I ask? Are you an actress? And the guy who's waiting for you is your boyfriend?" She ask in utmost polite tone.

I gave her a small smile, "Uh– I'm not an actress, and yes, that's my boyfriend right there."