Chapter 39

Chapter 39

My knees automatically weakened that I had to grip on the couch to obtain force. The conversation I had with Shantal earlier was too much for me.

Her words made me realize some things. Yes, I wasn't beside him in the whole seven years, but I was also facing my own struggles and fighting my demons.

Clajj didn't mention anything about the scholarship and the refusal of the offer. Even Rafus and Rojas haven't told me about it!

The way Hadah approached me back then, I already had the idea that his family was aware of happenings. Of course, it's given, since they're living in one roof. The Montessori's weren't blind regarding their family and relatives' problems.

Siguro kahit malaman ko 'to noon, wala ring akong magagawa. Now that Shantal revealed that matter, I still couldn't do anything about it. It's all in the past. And I do not possess extreme power to turn back the time.

I couldn't imagine Clajj's struggles during those years. Yet like what I've said, his sacrifices and hardships paid off. He deserves everything he's having at the moment.

I promised that even if we weren't part of each other's past, seven years ago to be exact, I'll make sure we'll be part of each other's present and future.

Despite my day being spoiled by Shantal, I still manage to be productive. It was around five in the afternoon when Clajj got home from San Jose. His hair is slightly dishevel, and two buttons of his polo are left open.

"Good afternoon, hon." He huskily said and wrapped his arms around my waist, then burried his face on my neck.

I could sense his exhaustion from work. I responded to his hug and chuckled a bit. "You miss me that much?"

If Shantal said that I don't deserve Clajj, then I guess I'll try harder to be deserving. I just can't let him go again. Certainly, my body and soul won't cooperate.

"Yes... I'm sorry, I couldn't make it home as early."

I faced him and cupped both of his cheeks, "It's okay, hon. Are you tired now? You can go upstairs and rest for a while, I'll just cook dinner."

He gave me a faint smile before nodding. "Are you sure you don't want help in cooking dinner?"

"I can manage," I assured and tapped his shoulder. "Now go upstairs and sleep."

I poured all of my attention on cooking. May tira pa sa niluto ko kanina, pero gusto kong magluto ng may sabaw para kay Clajj. In the end, I opted in cooking sinigang na hipon.

Tamang tama naman ang pagbaba ni Clajj, at bagong ligo rin siya. He helped me prepare the table, and as usual, we sat beside each other.

We were silent the whole dinner, and I was surprised when he carefully put the utensils down. Pinisil niya bahagya ang hita ko. "Hon, okay lang ba tayo? May problema ba?"

Umiling ako at ngumiti ng kaunti. "Wala naman tayong problema, Clajj. May iniisip lang ako, pasensiya na at na-distract pa kita sa pagkain mo."

His face softens, and he carefully moves my chair so I can face him. "If you want to share your thoughts, you know that I'm all ears, right?"

A smile immediately registered on my face upon hearing those words. "I know, and I'm always grateful to you for being an understanding person."