Chapter 19

Yoongi POV

Sitting at home on my couch, I just lay here motionless. The tears stopped falling a couple hours ago, but the pain coursing through my body and the heaviness in my chest is enough to have me nearly immobilized. I've not really moved much at all since I came home and collapsed onto the couch, but I don't really care either. I've missed another day of classes completely due to everything that's happened, I don't have the means to figure out how I'm going to pay for everything yet, but I can't find it in me to care.

Why should any of it matter at the moment anyways? I can just skip classes tomorrow and go to the library so that I can use the computers. I'll be able to look up the prices and see how much I have, see how quick I can get shit replaced. I just don't have the energy for it today.

Not now. Not anymore.

I sigh softly when I hear a knock on my door, having a feeling I know who it is and not really in the mood to see anyone. I'm still in the loose long sleeve I'd been wearing earlier along with my jeans that thankfully cover the bruises that litter my legs as well.

I don't bother moving or calling for whoever it is on the other side. I know it doesn't matter what I do. The door isn't locked and so they'll come inside anyways.

And sure enough, just minutes later, I watch my front door get pushed open. Hobi is on the other side, worry displayed all over his face. He's closing the door just as quickly as he'd been opening it, kneeling down in front of me just seconds later.

"Min Yoongi, you have a lot of explaining to do. I want to know what's happening and I want to know what the hell happened with you and Jin." Hobi says softly but sternly. I just sigh at this, closing my eyes as I return my head to a neutral position.

"None of it matters, Hoseok. Just leave it. There's nothing that can be done at this point anyway." I mumble quietly, my throat hurting from all the crying and sobbing I've been doing.

"Yoongi, I don't care. I know you wouldn't cheat on him like that. I want to know what's happening." He argues, tone gentler this time as he reaches out and brushes my hair back off my forehead.

"You're not allowed to intervene in any sort of way with anything if I tell you the truth. I don't want anyone bothering Jin over any of it if I explain what happened, and I don't want you trying to intervene with any of what's been going on if I tell you. Promise?" I counter quietly.

I can hear him hesitating at this, and I'm not overly surprised either. I know he wants to help and I know he feels guilty for all of this happening, but I don't want any intervention. I don't deserve Jin and I deserve the hell that I've been dealing with on campus anyways.

"Fine. I promise." Hoseok breathes out, sounding more than defeated right now. I take a deep breath at this, trying to calm myself down.

"I didn't cheat on Jin hyung. I... My studio got destroyed last week. Seugmin and a couple of his buddies destroyed it, and he was there when I found it in ruins. He beat the shit out of me that morning. That had been why I was late to meet everyone and why I looked like I'd been in a fight. He's also why I was late to lunch earlier today. He wants me to drop out. Doesn't want me attending any classes anymore and wants me gone as soon as possible. Aside from the strangling me at the end part, I'd have been able to take his beating okay and been on time to lunch if I hadn't gone home this weekend." I explain, staring up at the ceiling above me.

"What happened when you went home, Yoongi?" Hobi asks softly, concern still lacing his voice.

A small bitter smirk forms on my lips at the question.

"I got what I deserved. I'm the root cause to a lot of problems and to certain people's pain. I got what I had coming to me." I answer, not bothering to fully explain what exactly that means. He's smart and I have no doubt that he'll figure it out on his own.

"Do your parents beat you, hyung?" He asks next, his voice a mere whisper.

"Parent. My father's the only one around." I correct quietly.

"Yoongi, you don't-"

"I do. I'm the reason my father lost his wife, the love of his life. I'm the reason my brother lost his loving mother, why life became too much for him to handle, why he took his own life. I'm the reason my father lost the two most important people in his life. I deserve everything I got and more this last weekend. I pushed Jin to agree to the dare selfishly when he didn't want to." I cut him off, knowing fully well that I deserve every single bruise and scar on my body.

"Why didn't you ever tell anyone? At the very least, we could've helped you against Seugmin. We could've helped you with the studio and everything." Hobi murmurs softly. I chuckle humorlessly at the question.

"I learned the hard way growing up that nobody really gives a shit about my problems. Nobody likes emotional weak guys. Nobody cares and nobody really believes you when your teacher asks why you have so many bruises visible when wearing a tee shirt and you answer that it's because your father beats you. Everyone just finds it funny when you're hit right where the skin is solely black and blue. People find you weak when you're crying over something like getting punched or are told something mean. So I kept it all to myself. And I'll continue that way until the day I die most likely."