Chapter 23

Yoongi POV

As I pull into the driveway, I let out a small sigh. Parking my car beside my fathers, I slump back in the seat a bit. Staring at the house in front of me, I purse my lips a bit.

There really is no escaping this place. Is there? All these years, leaving the house only to come back. Whether it was leaving just to go to school for the day and having no choice but to come back here each evening. Even now. Leaving this place, thinking I could get away from it. Running off to college in hopes of making something of myself, in hopes of creating a life for myself. Only to get fucked over and sent back here anyways. There's no escape. No matter what I do, it all brings me back here anyways.

I just... I wish everything hadn't ended the way it did. I wish I could've at least had a real chance with Jin hyung. I wish I could've been able to change his mind, that I could've shown him that I'm not as terrible as he thought I was. Even if I am a monster... I just wish I could've had the chance to love him properly.

The first person I've loved since I lost my brother, and I couldn't even do that right...

Taking a deep breath, I shake my head to myself as I climb out of the car, leaving all of my personal belongings in the vehicle.

It's not like I deserve to have love in my life. Not after the ruthless crimes I've committed. Not when I took my own mother's life by being born. Not when I was too much for my own brother to be able to bear. How could such a cruel creature deserve to be loved? Surely a creature as cruel as myself doesn't even know how to properly love someone. How could I? How could I love someone right when I've never even been loved before? It wouldn't make any sense. It's probably for the best.

As I near the front door, it swings open before I can even reach it. My father is stood there with that familiar nasty smirk on his face, drunken gleam in his eyes as he looks me over.

"You're back and I didn't even have to threaten. Got tired of trying to make something of yourself?" He slurs with a knowing tone. I swallow thickly, hanging my head a bit as I nod in response. I don't have any other choice anyways.

"It's about damn time. Damn sluts cost too much and aren't as fun anyways." He chuckles disgustingly as he grabs me by my forearm, dragging me into the house as I stumble a bit in surprise by the sudden force.

He slams the door shut behind me before locking it, and the familiar feeling of being punched in the jaw soon returns as I stumble backwards away from him a bit. He just laughs at this though, the beating just only beginning.

I hardly register the pain of each blow in my head, having been through this routine so many times before. Each punch, each smack, each kick, every slice, it's all familiar feelings. It's everything that I've known as home for so fucking long. Granted, a feeling I tried to leave for so fucking long, but one that feels like home nonetheless.

It's as my head is bashed back against the shut front door when I'm slammed against it, that worry and fear slowly begin to form. He grabs both my wrists, slamming them up against the wood over my head as well, and I have to bite back a yelp from the unfamiliar pain as he doesn't usually do something quite like this.

Looking up at him with wide eyes, the fear and worry continue mixing around in my stomach at the sight of him licking his lips as he continues smirking.

"You know, Yoongi. You picked a damn good weekend to come home. It was beginning to get expensive going out to the bar just to find a good fuck. It wasn't even as fun. Couldn't beat the hell out of 'em first." Appa chuckles darkly.

"A-Appa." I breathe out shakily, beginning to grow terrified of where this is going.

He's never said anything like this in any of the times he's beaten me. Never put me in a position like this before, never spoken to me like this before.

"Shut the fuck up!" He growls, smacking me across the face. I take a sharp breath at the pain, that cheek having already been sliced with glass earlier in the evening.

"It's about fucking time to teach you what it fucking means to be a man, Yoongi. You're gonna be saving me a lot of fucking money, kid." Appa smirks.

The next thing I know, he grabs me by the belt loops on my jeans, yanking me forward and slamming his lips against my own.