Chapter 24

Jin POV

"Where the fuck is he?" I growl down the line, fear coursing through my body at the moment. I'm pacing Yoongi's empty apartment, terrified of where the younger could've possibly gone to.

"What do you mean? I haven't heard from Yoongi since the day you ditched him." Hoseok answers in surprise, making my panic grow.

"Fucking hell. His apartment is fucking empty, Hoseok! There's not a single trace of him left here!" I exclaim, running a hand through my hair.

"Oh shit... Hyung, he had to pay for all of those fixes to his studio personally. You don't think he could've gone back home, do you? That maybe the expenses were too much and he couldn't afford the apartment or something?" Hoseok mutters quietly, making me freeze in place.

"But if he went back home... Hoseok, you said his father abuses Yoongi." I whisper worriedly.

"Where are you? I'm coming to pick you up and then we're heading there together." Hoseok responds.

"I'm at his apartment right now. I'll give Namjoon a call and let him know what's going on and see if he can't get Yoongi's personal address from someone at the university."

"What the hell are we going to even do when we get there, hyung?" Hoseok asks softly as he drives. I bite my lip, looking out the window.

"We'll call the Daegu police in a couple minutes. Have them meet us there. There's no way that asshole isn't hurting Yoongi by now." I breathe out quietly, nervous as hell at the moment. Hobi just nods at this, and a few minutes later he's calling the police.

I'm grateful to have him with me for this, not entirely sure that I'd be able to handle all of it if I were on my own.

I just zone out for the rest of the trip to Yoongi's house, emotions swirling around inside of me like a bad storm. I feel like a complete ass for pushing him away earlier this week. I feel terrible for being so mean and cold towards him, never really giving him the chance that he entirely deserved all along. And even yet, he still managed to get me to fall for him. For those stupid little dates and all of the hand holding. Somehow I'm left wanting more and missing him after pushing him away.

I have no idea how he's going to feel when he sees me again. I can only hope that he's willing to forgive me. I can only hope that he's willing to give me another chance, one that I'd truly take very seriously this time. Only hoping that some of his feelings for me still remain, that I haven't lost everything so soon. Hoping that I haven't completely destroyed my chances of being with the younger boy.

I never would've thought I'd be in such a position as this, yet he's somehow turned me into an addict for his attention. Yet he's turned me into the person who, instead of running away from the attention and always being picked last, no longer wants to just sit back and allow it to happen since I know being picked last will always be my fate. He's turned me into someone who wants to do everything I can to fix what I had with him, especially knowing it actually meant something to him.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the car slows down to a stop. Focusing my gaze once more, I find us parked along the edge of a street in front of a house. I spot Yoongi's car in the driveway, and thankfully there's flashing lights from police cars nearing us.

We only step out of the car when they're parking theirs, eight different officers climbing out of the cars as they approach us.

"Are you the two that called in about the domestic abuse?" One of the officers asks. I nod in response.

"Our best friend is in there. He admitted to me earlier this week that his father was abusing him when he's home." Hoseok explains nervously.

"Alright. You're allowed to come but try to stay back and let us handle things. We have no idea the kind of conditions they're both in. There's an ambulance on its way for your friend as well." One of the men tells us before we're all heading up to the front door.

They go through the procedure of banging on the door, yelling for them to open up and that they have a warrant to enter, waiting for a moment in hopes of someone answering. However, nobody does, and they burst in through the front door, having to break it open.

Looking around the first floor, my heart drops to see just how destroyed it all is.

"Appa, please!"

My eyes widen at the sound of Yoongi's choked out sob, my heart racing.

"Yoongi?!" I shout, racing right behind the officers as we all run up the stairs and down the hall. There's only one door at the end of the hall, the door wide open most likely due to the fact that they weren't exactly expecting any visitors.

However, there's nothing that could've prepared me for what I saw the moment we all race inside the bedroom.

Yoongi's bent backwards on his bed in nothing but a pair of black boxers. There's an older man stood in front of him, completely nude with one hand wrapped tightly around Yoongi's throat while the other one is attempting to tug at the last thing covering Yoongi. The younger is weakly trying desperately to keep the larger hand away from the waistband, tears falling down his rosy cheeks as he tries to prevent what's happening.

I've never felt sicker.