Chapter 21

Yoongi POV

Sitting in the library, I bite my lower lip lightly as I look over the prices I've found on the different tabs I've got pulled up. I've also got my bank account pulled up on the very last tab, and I know I don't have any options left.

Seugmin wants me out of the university. He wants me to drop out. And at this point, I don't think I've got any options but to drop out.

I have to pay for all of the new equipment. I have to pay for the replacement couch for the studio. The desk chair. The music department didn't give me any options with that. And it's going to take nearly everything I have saved up. I won't even have a hundred dollars left in my account once I've paid for everything, plus shipping, plus tax. I have no choice but to pay for these items. However, I won't have anything left at all to be able to pay for the next semester of my education. I won't even have enough to pay for my rent for next month.

I really will have to give everything up...

Seugmin really is going to get his way and win.

Taking a deep breath, I rub my hands over my face for a few minutes, trying to calm myself down. I won't be able to drive either, considering I'll have no money for car insurance. I have to do this though.

Shaking my head to myself, I swallow over the lump that's formed in my throat as I begin making the purchases and giving the music colleges address for shipping addresses. Once each of the purchases have been made, I exit out of everything and stand. I'm extremely shaky at the moment, but I try to ignore it as I shut the laptop down before walking away.

Running a shaky hand through my hair, I leave the library and make my way over to the music building. I'm nervous as I head over to the building, not wanting to run into Seugmin. It's hard enough that I'm going to have to drop out after everything I've done just to get in here and stay in good graces with the university. It's hard enough that I've just gone and blown nearly every last dollar I have just to fix up the studio that I'll never be able to use again. It's hard enough knowing I'll be leaving my friends behind by the end of the week to move back in with my father. I really just don't want to deal with him anymore.

Thankfully, I manage to make it all the way to the fourth floor of the music building without running into him. With a heavy sigh, I walk down the hallway, only stopping once I've reached my advisors office door. Biting my lower lip sadly, I knock on his door.

Hearing him call for me to enter, I take a deep breath as I open his door and walk inside. Closing it behind me, he gives me a small smile.

"Mr. Min, what can I do for you today?" Mr. Kang asks as I take the seat across from his desk.

"I've made the purchases for all of the replacement items for the studio. They're all scheduled to ship straight here to the building." I inform him quietly. He smiles widely at this, nodding.

"Very good. I'm glad you got that handled so that we won't need to charge you extra for the studio. Is there anything else that you needed? That seems a little too short to warrant an in person meeting rather than a simple email." He responds curiously. I take a deep breath at the question, trying to fight back tears.

"Replacing everything for the studio was extremely costly for me, Mr. Kang. Umm... so, I... I'm going to have to drop out. I-I don't have enough to even afford supplies for classes, let alone a new laptop. Loans only over my tuition, and I won't be able to afford my monthly rent for my apartment either. I know it's past the refund date for dropping classes, but I can't afford really anything after paying for the replacements. So, I'm dropping out of the college and university altogether." I choke out, lips trembling along with my voice as I speak. I manage not to let a single tear fall though.

"Yoongi,... I'm terribly sorry to hear that. You're the best music student this university has ever seen. I wish there were a way to fix this, but you know the strict policy the college has over those studios. I'll handle all of the logistics and removing you from classes and everything though. I wish you the best, Yoongi." Mr. Kang says softly.

I swallow thickly, nodding before standing up and leaving.

I'll take the next few days to pack my things and then I'll go back home to my father.