Prologue

Author's Note:  Tantric is Book 3 of the Soundcrush Series. You can probably read it without reading Epic and Urgent, but it won't be nearly as fun. We've seen  a whole lot of Leed and Ashlynn in these two previous books, and I can't possibly repeat every detail of their backstories in this work. I can promise you won't be sorry if you start at the beginning of the series.

I'll do my best to provide theme songs for most chapters. Keep in mind that Soundcrush is an Alt Rock Revival Band, so much of the music will be alternative rock, mostly from the hey-day of alternative, the 90's. We'll start with Leed's theme song for his Ash feels: You and Me by Lifehouse (see header video).  I think it's a good one, because it talks a lot about a guy trying to figure out how he feels about a girl, and  time and people getting in between.

My vision of our two main characters:

Without further ado, let's begin our long-awaited story about these two favorites in the Soundcrush World!

Leed, five years ago, Athens GA

Girls make you bleed, man.

They cut you with inattention.

Then, if you are a dumbass like me, you go ahead and rub salt in your own wound.

And the girl you are bleeding out for? She doesn't even notice you are impaling yourself for her. She's too busy going supervnova on your bad-ass bandmate.

I toss the knife down in defeat and move to the sink before I bleed all over the limes I'm cutting for tequila shooters. I was watching the girl, not paying attention to my business, and the knife slipped, leaving me with a nasty gash, covered in acid and salt.

It's alright. I heard somebody say, pain makes you beautiful.

Hasn't been my experience so far in life. I'm more of a happy-go-lucky-type, but I'm down to try anything to get up next to that girl tonight.

She smiled at me earlier.

Smile is not really the word. She looked at me—really looked at me—and curled her lips, and I didn't know if it was day or night, because all I could see was her light.

Now I can't keep my eyes off her, but she's only got eyes for Trace. I think she might be trying to kill him with her stare, though. If she actually moves her stare-down into the actual kill-zone, that would suck. Our band would lose its founding member and the best damn guitarist in Athens, Ga. So I'm satisfied for the girl to keep her murderous gaze theoretical. I'm just hoping it's not one of those love-hate things in her eyes.

My hand is bleeding like a stuck pig. I tear myself away from gawking at her and look around the little rental-slash-slum-house my best friend and I are occupying for our junior year. There's plenty of booze.

But are there any band-aids?

"Hey Bodes!" I yell from the open kitchen to the living room. The strength of my voice catches the girl's attention. They call me the Lion, and I'll concede the nickname is well-deserved when it comes to my vocals as the Soundcrush Frontman, but I feel like I get a bad rep, when it comes to other lionly traits. Mostly, I'm a pussycat, unless it comes to defending someone I care about.